• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Another "cannot Detect Drive" Thread

gmcman1

Question

I have uninstalled and installed using the Roxiozap and went in and removed anything roxio related and I still cannot get te program to work. I have a LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW 1693S & TDK CDRW 5200B and from what I have uncovered is not supported by Roxio. I found this not on your site but a Gateway site from a google search, your site does not respond...

http://rpp.roxio.com/drives/?page=supported_drives

This is extremely frustrating especially because nothing on the product box states nothing about incompatibility. Please help.

12 answers to this question

The TDK is a switch over, the LITE-ON is new, also the new PC is an AMD 3200, I hope it works with the AMD...can't imagine it wouldn't.

The folowing is from Lynn who responded earlier in this thread

"The LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW 1693S is a Dual Layer drive, and Dual Layer wasn't supported until EMC 7.1 (altho EMC 7 can be upgraded to that). The built-in Drive-detection might recognize it as a generic drive, but it is simply too new for full recognition."

Either case it doesn't recognize my TDK....Is there anyway to get a refund..this is just way too ridiculous. Roxio should have downloads for all avail drives and from what I read I'm far from the only person with this same situation. I know you people trying to help aren't the cause but where on the box does it say my LITE-ON is not supported?? My gripe sounds so elementary but why market a product like this and let the consumer suffer because of gross negligence. Maybe a big neon sign in the aisle stating " Don't buy Roxio unless you spend hours researching incompatibility even though the box says it will work" AAAARRGGGHHHHH! :):huh::D

Try this:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...findpost&p=1544

or this:

ht

I have 2 Lite-on drives that work just fine.Go to their site and make sure you have the latest firmware for that drive,that might help.

That patch is for V.8, woudn't work with V.6

The LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW 1693S is a Dual Layer drive, and Dual Layer wasn't supported until EMC 7.1 (altho EMC 7 can be upgraded to that). The built-in Drive-detection might recognize it as a generic drive, but it is simply too new for full recognition.

I'm a little less sure why the TDK CDRW 5200B isn't recognized.

However, if you have WinXP nad used Roxizap without first using Windows add/remove, there could be a problem with ALL burner recognition. Does Windows recognize the drives?

This is from ECDC 5 but the warning is still valid for V.6 -

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=125

Lynn

Yes I uninstalled with my add/remove then I saw the Roxiozap on the forum and used that also. I reinstalled also having the setup do a repair to no avail. I sincerely don't want to spend $$ on my ver 6 to only have to upgrade before I even use it. I cannot return it and this would have been avoided w/ a compatibility chart on box or perhaps a warning. I'm sorry if this sounds negative and i'm trying to make it all work in the end but there needs to be complete updates avail for all versions....I can't keep on purchasing updated versions to make something work that should have in the first place..thanks so far.

Yes I uninstalled with my add/remove then I saw the Roxiozap on the forum and used that also. I reinstalled also having the setup do a repair to no avail. I sincerely don't want to spend $$ on my ver 6 to only have to upgrade before I even use it. I cannot return it and this would have been avoided w/ a compatibility chart on box or perhaps a warning. I'm sorry if this sounds negative and i'm trying to make it all work in the end but there needs to be complete updates avail for all versions....I can't keep on purchasing updated versions to make something work that should have in the first place..thanks so far.

Did this software come with the computer/burner (OEM), if so, get back to them, as they are responsible to provide the correct software to work with THEIR equipment.

Did this software come with the computer/burner (OEM), if so, get back to them, as they are responsible to provide the correct software to work with THEIR equipment.

Excellent point, ogdens. And if V.6 didn't come with the computer/burner (OEM - original equipment mfr), then did some other software (which the mfr feels will work with the computer/burnr) come with it?

Lynn

I have the Program CD that came w/ my ver 6. if that's what you mean. My players work with all my other programs including my Nero which I don't prefer over the Roxio. It worked on my other computer w/ Windows 2000 but not my Win XP, the Roxio box states it is compatible w/ Win XP home and pro.

Sorry I did not answer you post fully, I bought the ver 6 from best buy and works on my Win 2000 PC but not w/ my new PC with Win XP. It loads and lets me create photo files but cannot burn cd. When I click on disc copier it immediately flashes up the error "Does not detect any supported drives" or something of that nature. I included a pic of what I have and the side of box.

_DSC00030001.jpg

_DSC00040002.jpg

Sorry I did not answer you post fully, I bought the ver 6 from best buy and works on my Win 2000 PC but not w/ my new PC with Win XP. It loads and lets me create photo files but cannot burn cd. When I click on disc copier it immediately flashes up the error "Does not detect any supported drives" or something of that nature. I included a pic of what I have and the side of box.

_DSC00030001.jpg

_DSC00040002.jpg

And did your new PC come with new CD burners, or are they the ones from your old system.

Archived