Can Toast 20 Burn 5.1 Blu-ray?

akirshner

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2022 at 5:26 PM, akirshner said:

Hi,

I can't seem to find any option to burn a blu-ray disc with 5.1 dolby digital sound.  Has Toast lost that functionality?  It seems to only give me an option of Stereo PCM. I just bought Toast Pro.  Thanks.

I am having the same problem. Can't seem to find any way to prevent Toast from re-encoding and reducing  the AC3 5.1 audio to 2 channel PCM.  :(

• 5 months later...

Was this  issue ever resolved?  I'm a Toast Titanium 14 user, but was contemplating upgrading to Toast 20 Pro so I started poking around in this forum...I'm surprised/disappointed at how many posts I see that don't seem to have a reply from Roxio support or other users.  Did you get this resolved offline??  Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I have no issues at all burning DD 5.1 to BluRay image or Disc.  Toast is very picky about accepting DD.. it can't be DD 5.1+.  I use  MKV tools to change to old style DD 5.1 and then use TSMuxer GUI to convert the MKV to m2ts.  Then I drop the m2ts files into Toast Classic mode and it burns fine. Here's the Media Info from one of the Stream .m2ts files inside the BDMV,   See the attached image.

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 1.51.26 PM.png