• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Upgrading To Easy Media Creator 7

john_d_miller

Hello:

Hey, after I first sent this I realized I'd put it in Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 in error. Sorry. But I hope maybe it won't matter much.

I've had ECDC V 5.x for years. Then I got XP. It would not work at first but it worked just fine (and with XPSP2) after I installed ecdc_5.3.5.10_plt_enu.

But today it simply would not let me copy a CD to my hard disk first. I wanted to do that because I wanted to put some of the files on a non-re-recordable CD I had made into a folder. Then having put those files in a folder, I would have copied everything from my HD back to a new blank CD. Well, I discovered that somehow the 5.3.5.10 patch was missing from my computer. So I downloaded and reinstalled that but I still could not copy a CD to my HD. The checkbox in CD Copier that reads: "Copy source disc to HD first" was grayed out still. I tried a reinstall of ECD 5.x but that didn't do any good.

So, discouraged, I begin to think I should upgrade. I'd go to Easy Media Creator 8 but the lowest price on that I found was $60. I can get Easy Media Creator 7 for $14.00 (an OEM version).

I really only want to be able to make a CD of some audio tapes I have, I want to be able to burn from my HD files, I'd like to have Soundstream (or its equivalent) to make music CDs. I'm not much into video and DVD stuff.

Will Version 7 do these things for me? (I realize it will do MORE but the things in the last paragraph are what matter.) I looked hard for V. 7 reviews on the net but they were rather general I felt...hence this query.

ALSO, is there a session selector in V. 7?

Guest mlpasley
Hello:

I can get Easy Media Creator 7 for $14.00 (an OEM version).

You DO NOT want to buy an OEM version of EMC 7. OEM versions are included for free with hardware and in general do not have all of the features of EMC 7.

Now, I've seen some full versions of EMC 7 in retail stores for about that price, and that would be what you want to purchase.

You DO NOT want to buy an OEM version of EMC 7. OEM versions are included for free with hardware and in general do not have all of the features of EMC 7.

Now, I've seen some full versions of EMC 7 in retail stores for about that price, and that would be what you want to purchase.

===============

Per your post, mlpasley, I hear what you're saying. However, I've checked the net hard today (that's retail or are you talking bricks ad mortar stores?) and not found a full version anywhere near $14. Do you remember when and where you saw that price or even, say, an approximate $20 price?

===============

===============

Per your post, mlpasley, I hear what you're saying. However, I've checked the net hard today (that's retail or are you talking bricks ad mortar stores?) and not found a full version anywhere near $14. Do you remember when and where you saw that price or even, say, an approximate $20 price?

===============

Try eBay. Platinum seems to be listed for around $30. I didn't check very closely as to the ones that didn't say which they are. However, EMC 7 is being liquidated by liquidators at this point, and that can lead to good prices.

Lynn

Guest mlpasley

Well, I saw it in a retail store clearance bin.

However, Amazon has some 7.5 versions for $30.

Here's what one seller said about the OEM version that they were selling (not on Amazon) " *This is the Basic OEM Version 7.0 You cannot edit sound files, video files, or photos with this"

So be very careful what you buy.

Guest mlpasley
=============

Just want to say thanks to everyone for their input. It was helpful, especially lmpasley's and lynne's.

I ended up with a new full 7.5 for $7 + 5 shipping! :)

Congratulations! You got a heck of a buy!

Archived