• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Easy File Converter stopped working

updj1

Had no problems with Easy File Converter until yesterday and all of a sudden no matter what source file I choose (flac, wav, etc) or format to covert to Toast will no longer bring up the SAVE box when I click CONVERT.

Just wanted to piggyback on the topic of Easy File Converter not working. And if this doesn't get any juice I'll start my own thread. 

In our brand spanking new version of Toast 20 Titanium, our audio tech successfully converted their first proprietary SD2F file to WAV format and all of the individual file names stuck to the converted files. This is our desired workflow. 

SINCE that *first* conversion, on *every* attempted conversion Easy File Converter has *immediately* converted the same SD2F files to AIF without option/dialogue box -- even when other formats are selected. And then perhaps even worse or compounding the error, none of the files are titled correctly but rather they take the name of the original album and then append numerically [Sample audio recording.sd2f with five tracks converts to Sample audio recording.aif, Sample audio recording(1).aif, Sample audio recording(2).aif, etc.]. 

Our tech has spent considerable time trying different setting options, has uninstalled and re-installed the software and done searches out across the internet and has not found any discussion of this issue. So I am posting it here to begin with. Next, I will likely call Roxio and see what they say if anything. Thanks for letting me squat in your thread. 

Interesting. I was converting .sd2f files to wav files made with earlier versions of Toast for a couple weeks with no problem. But for each wav file it created it opened a Quicktime player box. So if I extracted 10 files from the .sd2f I would get 10 Quicktime player boxes opened. Makes sense. Couldn't figure out how to turn this off but during one conversion I remember seeing a box with something to do with Quicktime and unchecking it. Easy File Converter hasn't worked since then no matter what source or format I set to convert to. The SAVE dialog box never appears now. Not sure if it is all Quicktime related or not.