Disk Copier 9 won't search for files

Fred99x

Question

When I open Disc Copier 9, and change the input to browse for files (I want to burn an .iso), the cpu goes to 50% and just stays there with an hour glass. I've waited for about 5 minutes with no response and I need to use Taskmanager to shutdown the application. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Fred

8 answers to this question

No, I've never had reason to complete a defrag. I remember some of the older operating systems did not take kindly to defrags. It is safe to do on XP?

Update: found this on the Microsoft site:

Method 1: Use the Properties of Your Local Disk

1. Open My Computer.

2. Right-click the local disk volume that you want to defragment, and then click Properties.

3. On the Tools tab, click Defragment Now.

4. Click Defragment.

The defrag did not solve the problem. Will any of the other program in Easy Creator 9 do an .iso preview?

I can tell you unequivocally that if you can't preview an .iso file in Disc Copier, you have problems that need to be addressed, and if you think that you have no reason to defrag, then my guess is that there are a multitude of computer maintenance items that you haven't addressed.

Find someone who is computer savy to help you out on those issues.

When I open Disc Copier 9, and change the input to browse for files (I want to burn an .iso), the cpu goes to 50% and just stays there with an hour glass. I've waited for about 5 minutes with no response and I need to use Taskmanager to shutdown the application. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Fred

Not really sure what the problem is. Please list your system specs so we can take a look at what you have.

Can you try burning an ISO with Creator Classic and see what happens and report back. You can also try the Copy function in the Home menu. If these give you no problem then maybe a repair install will fix the problem.

The system specs are as per my signature. I can burn the iso via Creator Classic with no problem. In a previous post I read where I could preview my iso in Disc Copier and that is why I was using this utility. I have already completed a repair when I was trying to fix a different issue so that does not seem to help.

The system specs are as per my signature. I can burn the iso via Creator Classic with no problem. In a previous post I read where I could preview my iso in Disc Copier and that is why I was using this utility. I have already completed a repair when I was trying to fix a different issue so that does not seem to help.

I too prefer Disc Copier but at least we now know nothing is wrong with the file. Have you defragged your hard drive lately?

I solved the problem with Disc Copier not being able to browse for files. Contrary to Granpabruce's suggustion, I did not have to get outside help to resolve this as I didn't believe it was a computer maintenance problem and I am quite familiar with computers (maybe not so much with application issues).

My workstation had IE7, the completed version not the beta version installed before I got EMC9. I noted that apparently the only problems should have been with the beta version. Anyway, I uninstalled EMC9, uninstalled IE7, reinstalled EMC 9, reinstalled IE7, and the problem is gone. I haven't tried all the EMC9 features yet so I can't say I haven't introduced new problems, but the original problem is gone.

Thanks for the help I did receive as I'm certainly learning more about the quirks of this program.

Archived