• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Convert DVDs to iPod

jkurosu

Question

:) I am not very technologicallhy savvy and need help in converting dvds to my iPod video. I tried following the steps under the Help and Tutorials. I tried using the video compilation mode in the disc copier but it won't work. I am able to add movie files to the Source section of the disc copier, but cannot figure out how to get it onto my iPod. No matter which format I select the Portable Device/Media option remains grayed out.

Would someone please walk me through the exact steps of transferring DVDs to my iPod video?!

1 answer to this question

:) I am not very technologicallhy savvy and need help in converting dvds to my iPod video. I tried following the steps under the Help and Tutorials. I tried using the video compilation mode in the disc copier but it won't work. I am able to add movie files to the Source section of the disc copier, but cannot figure out how to get it onto my iPod. No matter which format I select the Portable Device/Media option remains grayed out.

Would someone please walk me through the exact steps of transferring DVDs to my iPod video?!

The first thing. Does your computer recognize that your iPod is plugged in? After you plug it in and it is on, go to "my computer" and see if it is recognized. If not, that is your problem. Try a different USB port and/or cable.

If it is recognized but it is still grayed out, are you trying to copy a DRM protected DVD (most commercial disc are)? You can't do that.

Look at the top of this board for the pdf manual. Perhaps there are clearer instructions there.

Archived