CD's Will not play

kadrian

Question

I have just purchased and installed EMC8 but am having difficulty. If I burn a music CD with EMC8 it will play on all of my cd players except 1. This particuler player is only about 6 months old, if I put an EMC8 burnt CD into it it shows the number of tracks, when I press play it the shows 79 on the display (very odd). If I burn the same set of tracks onto a CD with anyother burner 9inluding ones I've downloaded for free) the discs play on any player I choose. It appears that the issue is between EMC8 cd's and this one player, any ideas ?

2 answers to this question

I have just purchased and installed EMC8 but am having difficulty. If I burn a music CD with EMC8 it will play on all of my cd players except 1. This particuler player is only about 6 months old, if I put an EMC8 burnt CD into it it shows the number of tracks, when I press play it the shows 79 on the display (very odd). If I burn the same set of tracks onto a CD with anyother burner 9inluding ones I've downloaded for free) the discs play on any player I choose. It appears that the issue is between EMC8 cd's and this one player, any ideas ?

Don't use that player ! :)

Try a different brand of CD blanks, dash R rather than dash RW, burn at a lower rate, read your player manual to see if there is a setting that needs to be changed. Talk to the CD manufacturer for help there. The program is doing its job properly since you can play it on the other players. See if you can find a users or discussion group on the web.

In the bolded statement do you mean another burner or another burning program?

Enough ideas?

Don't use that player ! :)

Try a different brand of CD blanks, dash R rather than dash RW, burn at a lower rate, read your player manual to see if there is a setting that needs to be changed. Talk to the CD manufacturer for help there. The program is doing its job properly since you can play it on the other players. See if you can find a users or discussion group on the web.

In the bolded statement do you mean another burner or another burning program?

Enough ideas?

I am using dash R, the player manual says very little and certainly nothing about playback settings, when I say another burner i mean burner software, This is the only burner software that I have purchased and i am disapointed.

Archived