• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Why can't I add AVI files to Videowave?

Young

Question

i have problem adding .AVI files to Videowave. Everytime i do that Windows says Videowave encountered a problem and has to close and then the usual sending of error report to Microsoft. This does not happen with other video formats (wmv,mpg,3gp,mov...)

However when i use those AVI files converted from MOV using Quicktime Pro i have no problem.

I am still figuring out how the heck to send/email my query to Roxio. I've had enough asking Roxann. They must have the most user unfriendly online support.

3 answers to this question

i have problem adding .AVI files to Videowave. Everytime i do that Windows says Videowave encountered a problem and has to close and then the usual sending of error report to Microsoft. This does not happen with other video formats (wmv,mpg,3gp,mov...)

However when i use those AVI files converted from MOV using Quicktime Pro i have no problem.

I am still figuring out how the heck to send/email my query to Roxio. I've had enough asking Roxann. They must have the most user unfriendly online support.

Sounds like a codec problem to me. Check out Gspot and see what, if any, codecs you are missing.

Obviously there is something amiss with these 'avi' files in their raw format!

Where exactly are you getting them from?

Thanks.

These AVI files comes straight from my Canon S80. Have been using them without any problem in Photoshop Elements. The weird thing is I can add them to MyDVD, add them to Disc Copier>> Video Compilation and of course play them using Roxio's player. It is only when I use Videowave or call up Edit Movie in MyDvd (which i understand is essentially invoking Videowave) that I have problem with these AVI files. Even after i successfully added these avi files to MyDvd project, the minute I hit edit movie I'm shot with this error.

Arrrrrgh...!! Help! How do I post this directly to Roxio?

Archived