• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
RVdave

Compatible with Alcohol 120 virtual drive?

Question

For the past couple of months, I've wasted far too much of my time, and that of the experts on this forum who have tried to help me get EMC9 running. I finally gave up and uninstalled it, and am waiting for a Service Pack. Today I installed the latest version of Alcohol 120 (4629) and wondered if this program and the virtual drive it installs could be the culprit that's keeping me from using EMC9. I enjoy running Flight Simulator, and Alcohol allows me to install the necessary disk 4 on a virtual drive instead of having to insert it in the CD drive when running FS. I believe Alcohol may also make some kernel modifications. During the beta testing, did any of you experts test the ability of these two programs to co-exist? Again, thanks for your help.

Edited by RVdave

4 answers to this question

For the past couple of months, I've wasted far too much of my time, and that of the experts on this forum who have tried to help me get EMC9 running. I finally gave up and uninstalled it, and am waiting for a Service Pack. Today I installed the latest version of Alcohol 120 (4629) and wondered if this program and the virtual drive it installs could be the culprit that's keeping me from using EMC9. I enjoy running Flight Simulator, and Alcohol allows me to install the necessary disk 4 on a virtual drive instead of having to insert it in the CD drive when running FS. I believe Alcohol may also make some kernel modifications. During the beta testing, did any of you experts test the ability of these two programs to co-exist? Again, thanks for your help.

I do know for a time, Alcohol 120% caused problems in 8 but there was some setting in it that allowed it to work with 8. Might be the same with 9. I tested EMC9 and don't recall any info on 9 and Alcohol 120%.

RVDave - EMC9 now includes a virtual drive app. See if that works with Flight Simulator. Like with packet writing, I would suggestion only having one virtual drive app installed. See if you can uninstall ONLY that part of Alcohol 120.

RVDave - EMC9 now includes a virtual drive app. See if that works with Flight Simulator. Like with packet writing, I would suggestion only having one virtual drive app installed. See if you can uninstall ONLY that part of Alcohol 120.

Thanks for all the responses. I uninstalled Alcohol and for the umpteenth time re-installed EMC9. Unfortunately, the same multiple problems still existed, so I can't blame it on Alcohol 120. When/if a service pack solves some of these problems, I'll attempt to re-install Alcohol without the virtual drive (that is an option) and attempt to use the virtual drive application in EMC. Again, thanks.