• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Easy Media 9 - Videowave Preview display issue

gvox

Question

Hi there looking through the different problems people are having stability wise etc I guess I'm really lucky..

I've got one issue tho:

I can import video of most any kind ie wmv, mpg, avi, etc into Videowave and do all the neat things with it and see it all happening on the preview pane.

However, when I try to do the same with .mov, all I get is a black screen. The audio is still there, playing as per normal, but the video pane is blank.

Am I having a codec issue? I can play .mov with the VLC player, I haven't tried with windows media..

Thoughts?

2 answers to this question

Do you have Quicktime installed (the most recent free version is all that's needed)?

Ok, figured that out, got Quicktime installed.

Now my problem is that when I import the .mov into the production, the quality in both the preview pane and any resultant output file leaves alot to be desired.

It is clearer/less pixelization than working with say an mpeg-2 ripped straight from the DVD (I have this video in two formats, orig .mov and DVD copy)

however there is alot of 'ghosting' (term?) what I mean by that is blurry edges on subjects that are moving, with whitish trails so to speak

any idea what this might be? im tempted just to use the avi I ripped from the dvd...thoughts?

Hi there looking through the different problems people are having stability wise etc I guess I'm really lucky..

I've got one issue tho:

I can import video of most any kind ie wmv, mpg, avi, etc into Videowave and do all the neat things with it and see it all happening on the preview pane.

However, when I try to do the same with .mov, all I get is a black screen. The audio is still there, playing as per normal, but the video pane is blank.

Am I having a codec issue? I can play .mov with the VLC player, I haven't tried with windows media..

Thoughts?

Do you have Quicktime installed (the most recent free version is all that's needed)?

Archived