• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

WinTV PVR 350 Video-In

bostondriver

Can other WinTV PVR 350 users tell me if this card supports color using Video-In?

This PVR only supports S-Video, but they supply an adapter for Compostite (Yellow).

I'm using the supplied S-Video to Composite adapter to plug in (camera, DVD, VHS, etc.) an only see black and white. Using the same devices, in my old system that has WinTV-fm (which has native Video-In). Magically, they all capture color.

Is it the PVR 350 itself or the adapter they supplied? I'm guessing the former as I can't imagine why they would provide an adapter that wouldn't do color. :) What results do others get?

Thanks.

Can other WinTV PVR 350 users tell me if this card supports color using Video-In?

This PVR only supports S-Video, but they supply an adapter for Compostite (Yellow).

I'm using the supplied S-Video to Composite adapter to plug in (camera, DVD, VHS, etc.) an only see black and white. Using the same devices, in my old system that has WinTV-fm (which has native Video-In). Magically, they all capture color.

Is it the PVR 350 itself or the adapter they supplied? I'm guessing the former as I can't imagine why they would provide an adapter that wouldn't do color. :) What results do others get?

Thanks.

I have the same card but don't have it in this computer. I had mine connected as Composite 2, but I used Win2000 to capture. I don't know if it will work in EMC 9, but I know the card did not work in any previous version.

I have the same card but don't have it in this computer. I had mine connected as Composite 2, but I used Win2000 to capture. I don't know if it will work in EMC 9, but I know the card did not work in any previous version.

I am using WinTV200 to capture (using the cards HW MPEG-2). I'll import that MPEG-2 into EMC. I am able to do this capturing from TV. This is in color.

There is no color with Composite Video-In though (as described earlier.) I don't want to capture B&W however, which is all I can do at the moment. Are you (or anyone else) able to capture in color with this card?

I am using WinTV200 to capture (using the cards HW MPEG-2). I'll import that MPEG-2 into EMC. I am able to do this capturing from TV. This is in color.

There is no color with Composite Video-In though (as described earlier.) I don't want to capture B&W however, which is all I can do at the moment. Are you (or anyone else) able to capture in color with this card?

I captured every one of my VHS-C tapes from my anciet camcorder, in color. No problem at all, after I tried every connection option in WinTV 2000. Composite 2 worked for me.

I captured every one of my VHS-C tapes from my anciet camcorder, in color. No problem at all, after I tried every connection option in WinTV 2000. Composite 2 worked for me.

Thanks. I've searched a bit and found that there have been many people with similar problems. The adapter supplied with the product is the problem. So I'm off to find an S-Video to Composite converter that works.

Thanks,

BD

Thanks. I've searched a bit and found that there have been many people with similar problems. The adapter supplied with the product is the problem. So I'm off to find an S-Video to Composite converter that works.

Thanks,

BD

The adapter that came with the card works fine, but I made a trip to Radio Shack and picked up all new cables. Unfortunately my VCR does not have an S-Video output. I used the red, white, and yellow plugs, the yellow being video.

I got a Y adapter for the sound cables.

The adapter that came with the card works fine, but I made a trip to Radio Shack and picked up all new cables. Unfortunately my VCR does not have an S-Video output. I used the red, white, and yellow plugs, the yellow being video.

I got a Y adapter for the sound cables.

In my case, it has to be the adapter. The cables I use are the same cables that plug into the camera etc. that I use to test with on both WinTV-fm and on the WinTV PVR 350. I get color on the former, B&W on the later.

I'll splurge and get a new cable and see what happens.

Thanks.

BD

In my case, it has to be the adapter. The cables I use are the same cables that plug into the camera etc. that I use to test with on both WinTV-fm and on the WinTV PVR 350. I get color on the former, B&W on the later.

I'll splurge and get a new cable and see what happens.

Thanks.

BD

You are welcome, but have you exhausted all of the settings in WinTV2000? It was a pain in the butt getting both sound and color. I will see if I can find an e-mail from a friend of mine, who helped me get mine up and running.

I found the old e-mail. He had the S-Video connector, and he had to select Tuner, not S-Video, in the settings. He also said to make sure that I set up a channel for the VCR. I remember setting 200 as the channel, but it can be any channel that you aren't currently getting on your cable t.v.

• 3 weeks later...

After working with Hauppauge Tech Suppport, this is all working now.

For the archives ....

The solution is to use "Composite 2" in Win/TV. Below is the exact text in the mail from Hauppauge:

Go into suite manager by clicking on menu/suite manager in WinTV2000. in Suite manager click on add and pick Composite 2. After that a window will open up trying to add channel 200; click on add on the bottom to accept that.

After that close suite manager and go to channel 200 and that should give you color video.

After working with Hauppauge Tech Suppport, this is all working now.

For the archives ....

The solution is to use "Composite 2" in Win/TV. Below is the exact text in the mail from Hauppauge:

Go into suite manager by clicking on menu/suite manager in WinTV2000. in Suite manager click on add and pick Composite 2. After that a window will open up trying to add channel 200; click on add on the bottom to accept that.

After that close suite manager and go to channel 200 and that should give you color video.

Yahoo! They told you the same thing I did. :) That is the only way that I could get mine to work, too. Composite 2, and set the channel to 200.

Have fun capturing, and let me know if it will work with EMC 9. I am about to put the Hauppauge card back in this computer.

Archived