everlong205

Uprading to Toast 7.12

Question

I've noticed that for the last two updates I've been unable to upgrade my version of toast.

When I launch toast it says there's an update and takes me to the login page. I then login and try to download the update. The link then takes me to the software page and have to choose Toast 7, which takes me back to the login page. I then go through a loop where I keep going back to the same windows without getting the software to download.

There's no way to actually download the software. Has anyone else experienced this and is there an easy fix?

10 answers to this question

I've noticed that for the last two updates I've been unable to upgrade my version of toast.

When I launch toast it says there's an update and takes me to the login page. I then login and try to download the update. The link then takes me to the software page and have to choose Toast 7, which takes me back to the login page. I then go through a loop where I keep going back to the same windows without getting the software to download.

There's no way to actually download the software. Has anyone else experienced this and is there an easy fix?

On the login page make sure you are you putting in your email address rather than your Roxio user name. Had a similar problem yesterday until I realised that I wasn't reading the requested field info. Hope this helps. :)

I have the same problem. The Roxio website to download the update just puts you in an endless loop. I have previously had the same problem trying to get the Toast updates. And, the Roxio online help is pretty useless for resolving this problem. I get around the problem by downloading the update from a Windows XP computer. And, yes, I have turned off all of the Firewalls and blocking programs on my Mac and the download still will not work.

I have the same problem. The Roxio website to download the update just puts you in an endless loop. I have previously had the same problem trying to get the Toast updates. And, the Roxio online help is pretty useless for resolving this problem. I get around the problem by downloading the update from a Windows XP computer. And, yes, I have turned off all of the Firewalls and blocking programs on my Mac and the download still will not work.

I can't seem to login in at all to download. I put in my details and no joy, keeps coming back with the same general error.

I have had the same problem for the last 2 updates. Does anyone from Roxio read these postings and if so, can they suggest a solution to what does not seem to be an isolated problem?

I had this same problem last week when Popcorn 2 was updated. John's (Roxio's online adviser) answer to my thread was to make sure I don't have the firewall on, or software like Net Barrier. Turning off every feature of Net Barrier broke the "loop" and I could download the update. Same with Toast today.

I have found out my problem. I was using Safari and it didn't want to play ball properly. Tried IE and it worked. You would have thought that Roxio would have made their site MAC compatible.

Hmm, it appears that turning off the firewall completely (using netbarrier) will allow the download. Also switched to firefox and that also may have contributed to the successful download

I have found out my problem. I was using Safari and it didn't want to play ball properly. Tried IE and it worked. You would have thought that Roxio would have made their site MAC compatible.

I tried Safari, Firefox and IE, all with the firewall off. I still could not start the download. I then followed joeymemory's advice and borrowed a Windows XP computer. I took very few minutes to download the Mac OS update on a windows computer – using IE and without needing to disable the firewall.

It seems odd that a mac update can't be downloaded with a G5 iMAC running OSX 10.4.8

I test each download with Safari, FireFox, and Camino. I don't even have IE on my Mac.

That said, the download page relies on a referrer value being passed when you click on the download link. Download managers or apps that may block that can cause problems and result in being looped.

Hmm, it appears that turning off the firewall completely (using netbarrier) will allow the download. Also switched to firefox and that also may have contributed to the successful download

Not the firewall itself most likely, but it may block the referred value from being passed.

Not the firewall itself most likely, but it may block the referred value from being passed.

I'd like to add some evidence for this theory: I use Safari on a Mac and wanted to download Toast 8.03. First time I tried, it did not work – in fact, the site sent me in circles… :blink:

Then, after some frustration and thinking about the venturesome on-line advice to switch off the firewall, I guessed that the Roxio site used the HTTP header to make a guess which system I am using. So I switched off the (Intego NetBarrier for Mac) firewall feature "Information Hiding", but left the rest of the firewall "Client only" to remain safe against intrusion – yet, this was sufficient and I could download without problems. :)