ChaCha

Video Playback With Flashing Green Boxes

Question

'This question pertains to Roxio Creator 9. I downloaded a ".wmv" file from the web (on to my hard disk), which plays perfectly when I use Windows Media version 10.

When I add this video to my Roxio DVD project and play/preview this video -- it plays with flashing random small green boxes during the entire video playback.

What can I do within Roxio to have it play the same way Windows Media plays it?I'.

2 answers to this question

'This question pertains to Roxio Creator 9. I downloaded a ".wmv" file from the web (on to my hard disk), which plays perfectly when I use Windows Media version 10.

When I add this video to my Roxio DVD project and play/preview this video -- it plays with flashing random small green boxes during the entire video playback.

What can I do within Roxio to have it play the same way Windows Media plays it?I'.

My guess is nothing, unless your video card drivers aren't up to date. Update them, and see if that cures the problem.

:D I had the same problem, but installing new drivers did not help. My video card was just too slow to keep up and could not process the information, resulting in little green and pink blocks... :)

The replacement was not a top of the line card, but 256 Mb of RAM on the card is much faster than the 64 Mb of RAM on my old card.

That seemed to fix my issue. I am slowly learning that video editing is much like hard-core gaming.... A super computer that NASA would be proud of is not required but it really makes video editing a lot easier. :huh:

Edited by kirkifer