• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

MyDVD Blu-Ray is converting 30fps to 25fps - why and how do I fix it?

BigDad

Question

I created my first Blu-Ray after licensing the bluray plugin from Roxio. The video files I brought into the project are all 1440x1080p 29.97 fps. Creating the bluray was easy, however the software converted the video to 25fps PAL format - why and how do I fix this? Roxio MyDVD Build 3.0.0.14

3 answers to this question

I don't have the Blu-Ray plugin, but when making a regular DVD in MyDVD 3.0.0.14 the toggle between PAL and NTSC is reached by clicking the top left "File" button, and selecting "Project Settings".   There should be something similar when you have the Blu-Ray plugin activated.

fil.jpg.57a392c71d434ef102f447b4a2b4cd54.jpg968928211_projsettings.jpg.e988daf8bc8a4b39ce91d8c6df39c64e.jpg

Posted (edited)

Thank you for your response, Brenden. Here's a shot of the Project Settings dialog for a Blu-Ray. I did some experimenting yesterday with video files that were formatted differently. If I generate a source video for the blu-ray at 30fps (instead of the standard 29.97fps), MyDVD converts that to 24fps (cinema) during disc generation. Apparently certain decisions have been made for me by the software. I'd love to find an .ini file or similar where I could change things. Ideally MyDVD would leave the source videos alone and not try to convert them if they are a format supported by blu-ray video.

Project Settings.jpg

Edited by BigDad

Hi BigDad,

I'm sorry but I can't see any further into this problem since I don't have Blu-Ray hardware or the plugin, and the Blu-Ray and AVCHD buttons are greyed out.  However, since Easy CD & DVD Burning 2 is a cut-down version of Creator NXT 7, I looked in the NXT 7  forum to see if I could find anything relevant.

I haven't checked that entire forum, but there is a thread (LINK HERE) by Larry McCarthy dealing with AVCHD and Video File Quality, which also set frame rates in that part of the program.  I wonder, could there be a similar setting in the Blu-Ray part of the program which might help you?

Apart from that, or Roxio Support, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.

Brendon