• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

VideoWave 9 Unreliable

Floyd

Question

:) After losing two weeks worth of work (see my previous post entitled "VideoWave 9 Disaster"), I have had to recreate my presentation from ground zero. Something told me to just do a sample presentation with about 50 pictures with text and music. When I play it in VideoWave, it looks great. But when I play it in the DVD Builder, none of my text or music or transitions are there--I went so far as to create an ISO of the video and play it back, but again, none of my text, music or transitions appeared.

I can't believe I wasted $80 on upgrading from 7 to 9--I am going back to version 7--it is stable and reliable. If anyone is considering an upgrade to 9, DON'T DO IT! This product shouldn't have even been released to Beta Testers let alone the consumers!

Up until this release, I have been so happy with EMC--thus, I upgraded to 9 based upon their past successes with their previous versions. This is a HUGE disappointment.

7 answers to this question

:) After losing two weeks worth of work (see my previous post entitled "VideoWave 9 Disaster"), I have had to recreate my presentation from ground zero. Something told me to just do a sample presentation with about 50 pictures with text and music. When I play it in VideoWave, it looks great. But when I play it in the DVD Builder, none of my text or music or transitions are there--I went so far as to create an ISO of the video and play it back, but again, none of my text, music or transitions appeared.

I can't believe I wasted $80 on upgrading from 7 to 9--I am going back to version 7--it is stable and reliable. If anyone is considering an upgrade to 9, DON'T DO IT! This product shouldn't have even been released to Beta Testers let alone the consumers!

Up until this release, I have been so happy with EMC--thus, I upgraded to 9 based upon their past successes with their previous versions. This is a HUGE disappointment.

Well Floyd, something is amiss with the way you are doing it, or something with your computer that is causing a problem, because the program works just fine for me and countless others.

I agree this software has so many issues. The reply is always the same. Your computer is the problem, defrag, reinstall, directx 9c, IE7, and on and on. I have tried everthing and the software still crashes and hangs, error messages that mean nothing. The problems exists on every module from drag-to-disc to VideoWave 9. I have spent over a month tyring to put togather a 30 minute movie with Videowave 9. It is takeing so long because I have to save everystep of the way in fear of a crash or software hang. I have called tech support only to be outsourced to people who have problems with the english language. They just keep going back to repair and reinstall.

Roxio fails to admit this software has many many problems. I for one would like to know the exact specs of the computer they test it on. It would amaze me to see someone complete a project from beginning to end without one crash or hang.

The Roxio website has many flaws also, I can't even update my new email address.

I've purchased EMC9 about a month ago... Videowave9 crashes half the time and I have not yet been able to create a single video DVD that I am happy with. I've used freeware off the net that gives better results - less options, but at least I can watch the movie off my dvd player without fealing nausea (shaky picture). I have a brand new Dell Latitude D820 fully maxed, all latest drivers... I've even reinstalled everything after a full format... still no luck. I'm giving up on Roxio (I used 6 and 7 before)... that was the last time I spent any money on their products.

I agree this software has so many issues. The reply is always the same. Your computer is the problem, defrag, reinstall, directx 9c, IE7, and on and on. I have tried everthing and the software still crashes and hangs, error messages that mean nothing. The problems exists on every module from drag-to-disc to VideoWave 9. I have spent over a month tyring to put togather a 30 minute movie with Videowave 9. It is takeing so long because I have to save everystep of the way in fear of a crash or software hang. I have called tech support only to be outsourced to people who have problems with the english language. They just keep going back to repair and reinstall.

Roxio fails to admit this software has many many problems. I for one would like to know the exact specs of the computer they test it on. It would amaze me to see someone complete a project from beginning to end without one crash or hang.

The Roxio website has many flaws also, I can't even update my new email address.

Amen to the email address... some how I have a email address ( password ) for access to the disfunctional RoxyAnn in lower case, the same as which I provided when I registered and yet the same password in uppercase for access to tech support. I sent to recover and change my password and have yet to hear from them. I screen printed the page and saved it... as a precaution and found my email address to be correct for them to reply to. One would think that if you create a user id... the info would flow correctly from one part to the other and that the system would reply..... in a timely manner....

Sounds like you need to do some computer maintenance such as getting rid of adware/spyware and defragging your hard drive(s).

You computer has the horses to run the software, but something is interfering with it working properly.

Sounds like you need to do some computer maintenance such as getting rid of adware/spyware and defragging your hard drive(s).

You computer has the horses to run the software, but something is interfering with it working properly.

Hi,

If I can add to this thread. Two (2) days ago, I upgraded IE to level 7 which crashed EMC7.5. The incompatibility of EMC7.5 iwth IE7 is known as per my reading of other thread in the discussion group of EMC7.5.

Now, I upgraded to EMC9 to solve the problem. Besides the new user interface, I get intermittent failure with VideoWave. Particulary, I got a immediate termination of drwtsn32.exe. Checking on the net, it seems to point in the direction of the codec. Would that be in the right direction for solving the different crahes I am experiencing?

My system is a Pentium D, 2,8Ghz with 1Gig of Ram, ATI video card (Radeon X550) and DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.9004)

Archived