• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What video editors support MPG files?

Help Wanted

Question

I was going to use Video Editor that comes with Windows 10 to edit my old home movie I converted.  Will not load the MPG file.  I tried to convert the file to WAV online but the file is too big at over 7 GB.  Is there a good free video editor out there that supports MPG files?

5 answers to this question

All Roxio video related products support mpg files.

What do you mean by trying to convert mpg to wav?  a mpg file is video while wav  is audio and you can't convert from one to the other.

Do you get any error messages when trying to load the 7GB mpg file? Tryng to edit a 7GB file is going to be difficult unless you have a high-end system

47 minutes ago, bimicher said:

All Roxio video related products support mpg files.

What do you mean by trying to convert mpg to wav?  a mpg file is video while wav  is audio and you can't convert from one to the other.

Do you get any error messages when trying to load the 7GB mpg file? Tryng to edit a 7GB file is going to be difficult unless you have a high-end system

Good point about wav being audio. 

I have Video Editor that came with my computer running Windows 10.  It won't load or recognize the MPG file.  I was asking if there are other video editing software compatible with MPG.  Thanks for your response.

On 7/25/2022 at 10:39 AM, Help Wanted said:

Good point about wav being audio. 

I have Video Editor that came with my computer running Windows 10.  It won't load or recognize the MPG file.  I was asking if there are other video editing software compatible with MPG.  Thanks for your response.

Do you have the same problem with other mpg files or only this one?