• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How do I burn a Video CD using MyDVD 8?

Jerry2

Question

I just purchased MyDVD 8 from this web site so my kid can turn .avi files into videos on CDs that will work with our various DVD players.

I am using a Dell Dimension 8100 with a DVD RW burner. It is fully compatible with CDs and video CDs.

The promotional literature for MyDVD says that I can make video CD, which I believe are called VCDs.

I created a test project, and saved it. Using MyDVD, when I attempt to burn, I get a pop-up called "Burn Project". I select the first option, "Burn to Disk". I get the message: "Media is not compatible with project". I have a blank 700MB CD-R in the drive, which MyDVD appears to recognize as such. At the bottom of the main window, there are only 2 options for "disk type", which are 2 capacities of DVD - no option for this CD-R.

When starting up MyDVD, I get a "Roxio Home" application which seems to provide access to a number of sub-applications ("components"), including MyDVD and VideoWave. One of these is called "MyDVD Express" which seems to be a watered down version of MyDVD. . In this application, I can select VCD as a format, and slap together a test project, then I can click "create disk", and I get a similar "Burn Project" window, which DOES allow me to 'burn' a project in the VCD format. However, after it completes it's encoding, it does not seem to actually write the results to the disk, and damned if I can figure out where it stashes the data (if anywhere) that I want to burn to disk - it simply says 'complete'.

One option in MyDVD Express is "Edit in MyDVD" which simply brings up the larger application - without the option to write to a VCD??

How can I do what I want to do?

Any help appreciated.

1 answer to this question

Archived