• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help With Dvd Burning

teach1love

Question

I am new at this so any help would be appreciated. I ripped a DVD using mac the ripper. I now have a video TS folder with a bunch of VOB (?) files. my questions are: 1) do i need to convert the VOB files to something else in order to burn, 2) how do i compress the files and 3) will my toast 5.1.4 burn DVDs? thanks for any help...

1 answer to this question

I am new at this so any help would be appreciated. I ripped a DVD using mac the ripper. I now have a video TS folder with a bunch of VOB (?) files. my questions are: 1) do i need to convert the VOB files to something else in order to burn, 2) how do i compress the files and 3) will my toast 5.1.4 burn DVDs? thanks for any help...

Will your ripped DVD fit on a single-layer DVD disc? If not you'll either need Roxio's Popcorn or Toast 7 to fit the video to the disc.

At a minimum you should download the Toast 5.2.1 update if you're using OS 9 or the 5.2.3 update if you're using OS X. Toast 5 Titanium can burn a VIDEO_TS folder to video DVD by choose DVD in the Other tab. You then click New Disc, add the VIDEO_TS folder, create an empty AUDIO_TS folder and burn your DVD.

There still could be a problem with your DVD working. When you opened the VIDEO_TS folder the OS added a couple invisible directory files to the folder. These can prevent the DVD from working with DVD players. When you rip a DVD, use full disc extraction and do not open the VIDEO_TS folder. (Toast 7, Popcorn and the latest updates to Toast 6 automatically remove those invisible files if present).

Archived