ac3 audio and avi video files in Toast

bohalloran

Question

I'm new to this effort, but I have a qt file that only plays the video but not the audio. The file plays fine using vlc. From what I have figured out, the file shows a qt icon, but it is an avi file ( doing a cmd-I on the file revals that) that has the audio in ac3 format.

I thought that there is a way to drag both the ac3 audio file and the associated avi video file into Toast and it would allow one to create an image file that includes both so it can to ripped to a dvd. Is this so? If so what are the steps in doing that?

If not does anyone know how that can be done? I have several plugins in my qt folder, but none seem to work with the audio, only the video.

Thanks,

Bob

3 answers to this question

I'm new to this effort, but I have a qt file that only plays the video but not the audio. The file plays fine using vlc. From what I have figured out, the file shows a qt icon, but it is an avi file ( doing a cmd-I on the file revals that) that has the audio in ac3 format.

I thought that there is a way to drag both the ac3 audio file and the associated avi video file into Toast and it would allow one to create an image file that includes both so it can to ripped to a dvd. Is this so? If so what are the steps in doing that?

If not does anyone know how that can be done? I have several plugins in my qt folder, but none seem to work with the audio, only the video.

Thanks,

Bob

Hmm,

Just reposting to see if there is anyone who could offer some suggestions.

Thnaks,

Bob

Archived