bettz1943

Adaptec Cd Creator 2

I know this is not the right group but I don't have a clue of where to ask for help.

I have an older pc running WIN98SE and my CD rom drive went out. I had a new in the box Adaptec CD Creator 2 that I installed to use for CD's. Anyway, I am trying to install the software that came with this and I get an error message:

No 'Sections' or missing file:

C:\~ADAPTEC~~.TMP\setup.info

I would like to use this burner but need some help on installing. Anyone have any suggestions or a nudge into the right group ?

Thanks,

Bettz

I know this is not the right group but I don't have a clue of where to ask for help.

I have an older pc running WIN98SE and my CD rom drive went out. I had a new in the box Adaptec CD Creator 2 that I installed to use for CD's. Anyway, I am trying to install the software that came with this and I get an error message:

No 'Sections' or missing file:

C:\~ADAPTEC~~.TMP\setup.info

I would like to use this burner but need some help on installing. Anyone have any suggestions or a nudge into the right group ?

Thanks,

Bettz

I think it might be time to head for eBay and get ECDC 5 - whether Basic or Platinum - ECDC 4 is 1998, ECDC 5 is 1999; I think what you have may be too outdated.

Lynn

I think it might be time to head for eBay and get ECDC 5 - whether Basic or Platinum - ECDC 4 is 1998, ECDC 5 is 1999; I think what you have may be too outdated.

Lynn

Im sorry to butt in here but why would should bettz1943 go and buy an updated version of Easy CD Creator? He is using Win98SE so the software will still work, the only downfall he has is the lack of support from Roxio for ECDC4.

bettz1943 - try browsing the software disc for the setup file, I think its called creator.exe or something similar - try running that and see if the software will install but make sure that you have disabled any anti-virus first.

Im sorry to butt in here but why would should bettz1943 go and buy an updated version of Easy CD Creator? He is using Win98SE so the software will still work, the only downfall he has is the lack of support from Roxio for ECDC4.

bettz1943 - try browsing the software disc for the setup file, I think its called creator.exe or something similar - try running that and see if the software will install but make sure that you have disabled any anti-virus first.

The setup file is in the Creatr2 folder.

I don't object to your butting in, but please read the ENTIRE thread carefully first. OP has Adaptec V. 2, to the best of my ability to read his post.

Lynn

Bettz1943

What is the "ID String" of the CD burner drive you now have in the machine? You said a CD ROM drive went out, but you haven't said just what you do have in there now.

Right click My Computer, select properties, Device Manager. Find the DVD/CDROM icon, click on the + alongside to expand it and you will see an icon and text information for each CD/DVD device installed. This text is the ID String. Please quote it exactly.

What is the actual version of ECDC that you're trying to install? Can you find some indication printed on the installer CD or in the various help and .ini files on the CD?

If you can help us with that information we may be able to give you better advice.

Turfsniffer

Nice to see you've made it here. I was beginning to think that Colinburnshome had taken over the cudgel from your part of the world.