• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Title renaming

kunzorelli

Question

I've just gotten started with EMC9. I'm trying to rip a number of my LPs to CDs, and I've got it working, but am having a problem getting song titles assigned to the tracks.

I'm following a two-step process, using a product called RipVinyl to create tracks from my LPs. (It's slick little $10 program that's pretty good, IMHO). Once I've got the wav tracks in a folder on my PC, I then open 'em up in the EMC9 audio editor, use the split tracks function to handle any tracks that weren't properly split, then export those clips as separate wav files.

I've tried several approaches to renaming those tracks, but I've found that when I get into the Burn CD function, the tracks sometimes revert back to tmp0001, tmp0002 and so on. (The approaches I've tried have been focusing on the filename of the track, renaming it via Explorer or Save As from the split track/export clip function, rather than entering the title in the Audio Tag -- I supsect that's my problem.) I've experimented with the MusicID feature, but I've not had much luck getting my songs properly identified -- as least with the few oddball LPs that I've been working with initially.

I'd apprecaite any suggestions for the best approach to be followed.

3 answers to this question

Here's what I just tried -- some things worked; some didn't:

• I ripped my album, and it created only 4 wav files from the nine tracks on my original LP (t0001.wav, t0002.wav, etc.) It turns out only 0001 and 0003 had valid content; one for Side A and the other for Side B.
  • I then got into EMC9, chose Audio >> Edit Audio Files, to bring up the sound editor
  • I opened up each of the 2 wav files one by one, and split them into two or more clips (Split Clip)
  • After creating each new clip, I chose Export File to export each song/clip, and I gave it a file name like 01 Spotted Cow, 02 Rosebud in June, etc., which Sound Editor saved to the same directory as my t000x.wav files, also with a .wav extension
  • I closed up my project, exited Sound Editor, then got into Music Disc Creator
  • I added the 9 files, which still all had the file names I had created listed in the Media Selector as I was selecting and adding them
  • Then, the problem appeared. In Music Disc Creator, under Disc 1 Untitled, it showed the following 9 track names: t0001, t0001, t0001, t0001, t0001, t0003, t0003, t0003, t0003. Those were the original file names for the source file created before I split and saved the clips!!!

I could re-enter the titles at this stage, but it doesn't seem like I should have to do that.

Is there anything obvious I'm doing wrong?

I've just gotten started with EMC9. I'm trying to rip a number of my LPs to CDs, and I've got it working, but am having a problem getting song titles assigned to the tracks.

I'm following a two-step process, using a product called RipVinyl to create tracks from my LPs. (It's slick little $10 program that's pretty good, IMHO). Once I've got the wav tracks in a folder on my PC, I then open 'em up in the EMC9 audio editor, use the split tracks function to handle any tracks that weren't properly split, then export those clips as separate wav files.

I've tried several approaches to renaming those tracks, but I've found that when I get into the Burn CD function, the tracks sometimes revert back to tmp0001, tmp0002 and so on. (The approaches I've tried have been focusing on the filename of the track, renaming it via Explorer or Save As from the split track/export clip function, rather than entering the title in the Audio Tag -- I supsect that's my problem.) I've experimented with the MusicID feature, but I've not had much luck getting my songs properly identified -- as least with the few oddball LPs that I've been working with initially.

I'd apprecaite any suggestions for the best approach to be followed.

Try 001track name

002track name

Try 001track name

002track name

Also if you have EMC 9, there are two things you should try. When you use the on-line data base to edit the audio tags, you might have to use some hints like the artist or album name or just plain put the name there. It will search and put in information about that music file. You can chose to accept or discard the edited tag. Now look on the home page and under utilities on the Applications page, you'll find 'Rename Audio Files". It will chose the audio tag as the name or you can put in your own name. I had a bunch of 001, 002, 003 etc and it renamed all of the automatically. Very slick.

If the on-line music database doesn't have your albums, you can chose to add them for someone else. :) I did a lot of obscure and very old albums this way and I was surprised that the music was in the data base. You didn't mention what type of music you are trying to name but I bet someone out there has already put the information in the data base but it needs a little help trying to find the information.

BTW, I know that you are using a third party program to capture the music but there are several ways to do it in EMC 9. You can do an "Easy Audio Capture" where you use your sound card to capture the music, or you can use one of the other audio capture programs including Sound Editor (record audio button).

Archived