Menu highlight missing

Jimmy G

Hi everyone,

I've bought Toast 20, I'm using it on a Mac Mini running Catalina. The software works okay, took me a little bit of time to figure it out, and then I thought I had it. I tried creating a custom theme and everything worked fine... except for one thing. When I burned it to DVD, the video quality was great and the menus were exactly as I laid them out, but there was no highlight when you're trying to select something. So you had no idea what chapter or title you were selecting. It WAS selecting stuff, because it would go to a different chapter, but it was like a lottery, because you had no idea which one was selected. It was like this on both my PS4 and my Panasonic Blu-Ray player.

So I thought I'd maybe done something wrong with the custom theme. I selected one of the preset themes and did nothing to it other than change the background image. I burned the DVD and exactly the same issue – everything looks fine but there is no highlight to indicate what is selected. Anyone else run into this problem?

I am having the same problem.  I cannot find a fix so I think we are stuck with a custom menu without the ability to highlight.  It is frustrating because the menu and DVD content look great but the inability to select a title is maddening.  If anyone knows a fix or solution, please help.

• 1 month later...

I am finding the same problem. I only want a simple basic menu with a plain black background. But, the buttons can't highlight. All I want is the text to at least stay visible. The text seems to be invisible unless I click on the black invisible text and I see it for a split second as it transitions. I can switch to legacy mode and that has options to highlight buttons. But, in Legacy mode I have less control of the menu. I also wish there was an easier way to get rid of the stupid music.