• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Update 7.1.1.189

adey68

Question

Hello,

I needed to re-install the EMC 7 software as DVD builder would not run and it would also not uninstall or repair from add/remove facility.

As such removed the registry key as advised on Roxio help page (ID No. EE7000109), which then enabled me to unistall and re-install the main software.

However I am now unable to install the update 7.1.1.189, which was also previously installed. Get a Windows Installer box up saying "Peparing to install", this then turns into a error message stating "This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer patch package"

As a result DVD builder loads, but does not function, in that I am unable to Add a new title or do anything else with it.

Is there another registry key I need to remove for the previously installed update & as such allow me to install the update?

Or something else that i need to do, please HELP :) .

7 answers to this question

Hello,

I needed to re-install the EMC 7 software as DVD builder would not run and it would also not uninstall or repair from add/remove facility.

As such removed the registry key as advised on Roxio help page (ID No. EE7000109), which then enabled me to unistall and re-install the main software.

However I am now unable to install the update 7.1.1.189, which was also previously installed. Get a Windows Installer box up saying "Peparing to install", this then turns into a error message stating "This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer patch package"

As a result DVD builder loads, but does not function, in that I am unable to Add a new title or do anything else with it.

Is there another registry key I need to remove for the previously installed update & as such allow me to install the update?

I had the very same problem with EMC7.5. I have Microsoft Update installing updates automatically, and so it installed IE7. It disabled not only EMC7.5, but also partially disabled my HP Scanner program, which worked fine before. I went trough the same as you did, removed IE7 and reinstalled EMC7.5 sucessfully. It almost works fine, except I cannot burn my project onto DVD disk. It says: "The Project is empty". It is not, I can edit it, add to it, preview it etc. My DVD is working fine, except with the DVD Builder.

Very nice job from Microsoft to release (and push) IE7, when it screws up your existing and working programs. Also it is very bad support from Roxio to say, that "buy EMC9, it is compatible with IE7". I bought my EMC7.5 just 1.5 year ago, I think, it still should run with the latest XP operating system.

Did you reboot after installing the Program disk and Content disk, prior to tyring to install the patch? If so, you could try downloading and installing the latest Microsoft Installer, reboot and try the patch again.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=893803

Thanks for your reply. I tried installing the update with the latest Microsoft Installer, but still have the same problem.

In answer to your question yes I did reboot after installing the Program and content disk.

thanks

Did you by chance install the MS update for IE 7? If so, you need to remove it as it causes EMC 7 not to work.

Hi,

I am currently using Internet Explorer version 7.0.5730.11, so do I need to unistall this and revert back to version 6?

If I do uninstall it will version 6 be back on my computer?

Thanks for your help.

Hello,

Did you reboot after installing the Program disk and Content disk, prior to tyring to install the patch? If so, you could try downloading and installing the latest Microsoft Installer, reboot and try the patch again.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=893803

Thanks for your reply. I tried installing the update with the latest Microsoft Installer, but still have the same problem.

In answer to your question yes I did reboot after installing the Program and content disk.

thanks

Hi,

I am currently using Internet Explorer version 7.0.5730.11, so do I need to unistall this and revert back to version 6?

If I do uninstall it will version 6 be back on my computer?

Thanks for your help.

Just re-installed Internet Explorer 6 and DVD builder now functions again, THANKS. :) The update still does not work but at least the programme now runs. :huh:

Just re-installed Internet Explorer 6 and DVD builder now functions again, THANKS. :) The update still does not work but at least the programme now runs. :huh:

I haven't been able to get back to these forums much, lately. It has been mentioned in numerous posts in these forums, that IE 7 renders EMC 7 and EMC 7 and 7.5, useless. I am glad that you got it figured out.

Archived