• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 28 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
wLarry

Sonic CinePlayer DVD Decoder Pack v2.3.1

Question

I recently purchased and downloaded DVD Decoder Pack v2.3.1. My DVD movie still would not play.

When I run Windows XP Video Decoder Checkup Utility it indicates that the decoder is not compatible with the synchronization feature of Windows Media Player 10. Did I waste my money on the decoder?? What do I need to play a movie DVD on my computer??

Edited by wLarry

6 answers to this question

I recently purchased and downloaded DVD Decoder Pack v2.3.1. My DVD movie still would not play.

When I run Windows XP Video Decoder Checkup Utility it indicates that the decoder is not compatible with the synchronization feature of Windows Media Player 10. Did I waste my money on the decoder?? What do I need to play a movie DVD on my computer??

When I insert the movie DVD ("RV"), WMP initializes and lists titles and chapters. It begins to play and plays 3 previews with no problem. After ending the 3rd preview it displays a blank screen and WMP hangs. During this time the disk drive seems to be searching. When I manually eject the DVD a message appears indicating that WMP cannot play the DVD because of a problem occured with digital copyright protection...

Biggles615 -

The decoder pack does work. Like any piece of software that requires the cooperation of other software and hardware, conflicts may arise and cause problems. If you contact tech support or you describe what specific problem you're having you might get led to a successful fix. To return the product you'll have to contact tech support anyways, you might as well a couple minutes trying to solve the problem.

Biggles615 -

The decoder pack does work. Like any piece of software that requires the cooperation of other software and hardware, conflicts may arise and cause problems. If you contact tech support or you describe what specific problem you're having you might get led to a successful fix. To return the product you'll have to contact tech support anyways, you might as well a couple minutes trying to solve the problem.

Kevin, thanks for your reply. The reason for trying (any) forum first is that you see people with similar problems to your own and hopefully obtain a simple fix. There appears to be no simple fix as can be seen from the unanswered messages. It is interesting that it is easier to make contact with the forum than it is to find out where to contact Sonic product support!

Forums are great for quick fixes but Cineplayer some times it's not as easy to fix a problem as one would expect. I hesitate to post lengthy troubleshooting steps because it can scare people off from the forums and from the product. In almost all cases you won't have to go through all of the steps below but I've listed them anyways so that you don't have to keep coming back for each step. It's very rare that these don't solve all Cineplayer issues.

Some Cineplayer Decoder troubleshooting:

0) Update your video card drivers AND directX. Restart, try to reproduce.

1) Click on start and go to run. In the box type MSCONFIG. Once the System Configuration Utility is open, select the SELECTIVE STARTUP radio button and then uncheck the LOAD STARTUP ITEMS box. Once this is done, press APPLY and then OK. The program will now ask you to reboot. Once the computer is booted back up, test a DVD to see if the problem is still happening.

2) Right click on the desktop and select Properties and click on the Settings Tab. Change the screen resolution to 1024 x 768 and change the color settings to 16 Bit. Press Apply and then press Advanced. Click on the Monitor Tab and make sure the refresh rate is set to 75 Hertz. Now click on the Troubleshoot Tab and make sure Hardware Acceleration is set to Full. Click apply and then ok and try a DVD.

3) Go to your control Panel and open up the Cineplayer decoder options. Make sure that all the boxes are unchecked on the Video tab. Press apply then ok and play a DVD.

4) If you have Windows Media Player 10. Download the utility from the link below and run and set the Sonic CinemasterVideo DS Video Decoder as the Preffered. Don't worry about the Sync warning about being not compatible, " This decoder is not compatible with the synchronization feature of Windows Media Player 10. We recommend against setting this decoder as the preferred decoder."

The Cineplayer decoder pack is qualified and recommended by Microsoft. The decoder pack does support synchronization despite the warning message given by the Microsoft Decoder Check Utility. Sonic is currently working with Microsoft to have the decoder pack be recognized as a Certified Application.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

If you have gone through this extensive troubleshooting and you're still having an issue, please log an incident with tech support.