game capture HD only works with BOTH usb and hdmi plugged into my pc

glue70

Question

hi,

just bought this thing because its pretty much the only thing that can record component nowadays(?)

to clarify what I mean, the only way for the software to detect a signal is by having both the HDMI and USB connected to my PC. This is a problem because there is no way for me to get a passthrough of the signal to my TV to play on. 

How I have it connected: 

Wii Component cables as input of the device. USB and HDMI cable as output going into my PC. 

I'm quite certain I shouldnt need to connect both HDMI and USB for it to work. If I try to disconnect the HDMI and only have the USB plugged into the PC, the preview freezes and when I reopen the program I get a green "No Signal" text. No input either. Vice versa if I disconnect the HDMI and keep the USB in.

I have tried to repair the software, reinstall the drivers and pretty much do everything that has been said about No Signal on this forum previously. 

What could be the issue here? Could there be something faulty with the USB cable?

Thank you! If further explanation or pictures are needed, let me know.

Edit: I want component cables as the input and HDMI as a way to passthrough to my TV.

Edited by glue70
Clarification

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet