Updates Of Easy Media Creator 7

john_d_miller

Question

Here is what Roxio Support lists as an update for EMC 7.

"Update Easy Media Creator 7 Retail (boxed)

December 14, 2004

Update the Retail (CD-ROM) version of Easy Media Creator 7.0x suite to 7.1.1.189 (English Only). For additional information on fixes included, click here. "

Now, I have just purchased EMC 7.1.0.95 but it is an OEM CD only...just the CD in a sleeve. It is a retail purchase in the sense that I am buying it online.

But can someone tell me for sure whether or not I CAN use the above update with 7.1.0.95--does OEM purchased online through a retailer still count as a "retail purchase" or does retail purchase mean only a brand new boxed CD ad not OEM.

2 answers to this question

Here is what Roxio Support lists as an update for EMC 7.

"Update Easy Media Creator 7 Retail (boxed)

December 14, 2004

Update the Retail (CD-ROM) version of Easy Media Creator 7.0x suite to 7.1.1.189 (English Only). For additional information on fixes included, click here. "

Now, I have just purchased EMC 7.1.0.95 but it is an OEM CD only...just the CD in a sleeve. It is a retail purchase in the sense that I am buying it online.

But can someone tell me for sure whether or not I CAN use the above update with 7.1.0.95--does OEM purchased online through a retailer still count as a "retail purchase" or does retail purchase mean only a brand new boxed CD ad not OEM.

As far as I know OEM software is usually supplied with purchased hardware and is not legally for sale by any retailer. The "legal" EMC 7 consists of 2 CDs: a program disc and a Contents disc. What you have purchased is a basic version of EMC 7 ( and has not all the features of EMC 7) and cannot be updated by any Roxio update.

===============

Thanks, myguggi. I'm wondering if you could clarify a little for me what the Contents disc might include. (I figure the program disc is self-explanatory.)

===============

It contains the pictures/ music/ openings and closing for the Themes (ie. Wedding....) that are used in Storybuilder and DVD Builder. Many of the options for the themes will be 'greyed' because the pictures are not available.

Archived