• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave problem with AVI files

Young

Question

Help! Help!

I have problem adding AVI files when I use Videowave. "Videowave has encountered a problem and needs to close". I don't get any poblem with the other video files (mpg,mov,wmv,..etc)

When using MyDvd, I have no problem adding these AVI files but the minute I try to hit "edit movie" I get the same problem again.

I'm testing out as much as I can using AVI files with the rest of EMC9 components.

Seems that Videowave and Video Compilation mode of Disc Copier are the only 2 components that cannot add my AVI files. These files are from my Canon digicam. I'm not sure what codec they use (click on file properties in Windows comes up empty in the video and audio codec fields).

However, I have some MOV files which i converted to AVI using QuicktimePro and these can be added without any problem in Videowave and Video Compilation of Disc Copier.

Does this have anything to do with the way these AVI's are encoded by Canon camera? Or am I missing some codec? (which doesn't sound logical as I'm able to play these AVI with the other Roxio components and WMPlayer)

If any of you gentle people out there has come across this please share.

Cheers!

Young... (and going nuts over this..)

1 answer to this question

Help! Help!

I have problem adding AVI files when I use Videowave. "Videowave has encountered a problem and needs to close". I don't get any poblem with the other video files (mpg,mov,wmv,..etc)

When using MyDvd, I have no problem adding these AVI files but the minute I try to hit "edit movie" I get the same problem again.

I'm testing out as much as I can using AVI files with the rest of EMC9 components.

Seems that Videowave and Video Compilation mode of Disc Copier are the only 2 components that cannot add my AVI files. These files are from my Canon digicam. I'm not sure what codec they use (click on file properties in Windows comes up empty in the video and audio codec fields).

However, I have some MOV files which i converted to AVI using QuicktimePro and these can be added without any problem in Videowave and Video Compilation of Disc Copier.

Does this have anything to do with the way these AVI's are encoded by Canon camera? Or am I missing some codec? (which doesn't sound logical as I'm able to play these AVI with the other Roxio components and WMPlayer)

If any of you gentle people out there has come across this please share.

Cheers!

Young... (and going nuts over this..)

Please post your problem only once. Postinf saeveral times will not get you a faster answer and will t off a lot of posters.

Archived