• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Wave freezes

scout

Question

I had media creator 6 before and upgraded to version 8 recently. I have verified that my computer is 2.47 Ghz, I have version 9 of DirectX, and version 10 of media player. When I go into Video Wave and run the mouse over the different actions on the left hand side, they will each underline and everything looks to be working fine. If I click on one of those items, NOTHING happens! When I get frustrated enough to close the application, I click on the 'X' in the upper right corner, and again, nothing happens. The program is non-responsive and I force an 'end program'. HELP??!! I'm so frustrated. The main reason I bought the software is to make videos and I can't do it! Any suggestions?

10 answers to this question

font=Georgia]i have the same thing going on after i updated to 8.5 it just keeps crashing and i downloaded it instead of getting the disk like a fool i done the repair job alot and nothing happens i want my roxio 6 back
:):huh:

You may have a completely different problem. Please post your computer specs and this problem on a new thread. The last messages on this one was about one month ago so some people who can help may not see the request for help. Go to My Controls at the top of the board and then look down to the left to edit your signature. Look at other's signature to see what you should put into it.

Does your computer meet the minimum specs? When you installed the program did you do so to the system drive? Was that drive cleaned of all mal-ware before the installation? Defragged? Anti-virus turned off? Some anti-virus programs will not allow the program to install properly if the anti-virus is running. You may have to do a clean install if that was true. Search the forms for full installation instructions.

I had media creator 6 before and upgraded to version 8 recently. I have verified that my computer is 2.47 Ghz, I have version 9 of DirectX, and version 10 of media player. When I go into Video Wave and run the mouse over the different actions on the left hand side, they will each underline and everything looks to be working fine. If I click on one of those items, NOTHING happens! When I get frustrated enough to close the application, I click on the 'X' in the upper right corner, and again, nothing happens. The program is non-responsive and I force an 'end program'. HELP??!! I'm so frustrated. The main reason I bought the software is to make videos and I can't do it! Any suggestions?

Your computer is fast enough and you indicated that you have the latest version of DirectX but you did not post anything about your video card/chip. In many cases that is what causes the problem. See if you can update the driver for that card/chip. V8 (and V9) is different than previous versions because it hands of much of the video processing to the video card/chip.

Open VideoWave and then go to Tools>Options and run the test. You will get pop ups of a black screen while the program runs the test. After the test (you will not see any notification of the result) where is the dot? It is probably near software. Your program will probably run in software mode. Do not force it to hardware or you will have continued problems as you described. You will lose any 3D transitions that you saw before. If your computer is not a laptop, then you might consider upgrading to a reasonable video card.

My old laptop would freeze just like yours until I undated the drivers. The update was several years old and only a few months newer than the one already installed but it did work.

If the above doesn't work, go to Windows> Control Panel> Add remove programs and do a repair of the program. Make sure you are disconnected from the internet, that your anti-virus, anti-malware and all other unnecessary programs are turned off when you do this.

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I did try what you mentioned and neither thing worked, so I'm thinking I must need to update my video card. I didn't get anything when I tried to perform the graphics test. No black screens popped up. Software was selected and I left that alone with your suggestions. I guess I'll try to get a new video card and see if that helps me out. I verified that I have the latest drivers. Just seems so funny that version 6 ran fine, but I'm guessing they've made a lot of changes with this version. Thanks again!

I have been having the same problem but I have not upgraded or installed any new Roxio Software. I first installed the software last year and it has been working fine up until a few days ago. Now I cannot get the videowave or MYDVD to respond to commands. I also can't open any exisiting projects.

I have seen that the standard answer to this problem is to install a sperate video card, would that also apply to me since I was running fine and then all of the sudden started having this problem?

I have been having the same problem but I have not upgraded or installed any new Roxio Software. I first installed the software last year and it has been working fine up until a few days ago. Now I cannot get the videowave or MYDVD to respond to commands. I also can't open any exisiting projects.

I have seen that the standard answer to this problem is to install a sperate video card, would that also apply to me since I was running fine and then all of the sudden started having this problem?

Numbers, yours sounds like you need to do a repair to the software through Add/Remove Programs.

Numbers, yours sounds like you need to do a repair to the software through Add/Remove Programs.

Thanks for your reply. I have tried to do a repair and also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software twice. I am at my witts end. I have a project that needs to be burned by Saturday and have been unable to get a resolution this problem for days. Any other suggestions?

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I did try what you mentioned and neither thing worked, so I'm thinking I must need to update my video card. I didn't get anything when I tried to perform the graphics test. No black screens popped up. Software was selected and I left that alone with your suggestions. I guess I'll try to get a new video card and see if that helps me out. I verified that I have the latest drivers. Just seems so funny that version 6 ran fine, but I'm guessing they've made a lot of changes with this version. Thanks again!

Sorry to hear that you are still having problems. Did you try a repair install?

You do not need to spend an arm and a leg for a video card. Something in the $50 to $100 price range is OK. unless you plan to play a lot of games. Try to get one with 256 megs of memory on board. Just make sure of what kind of card your system will accept (PCI, AGP, PCI-e). Once you get it, it is about a 15 minute job to install it. Once it is in and running, you will still want to update the drivers. The link is to only of of hundreds on-line stores that handle computer hardware. I'm not suggesting that this is where you should buy it

Thanks for your reply. I have tried to do a repair and also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software twice. I am at my witts end. I have a project that needs to be burned by Saturday and have been unable to get a resolution this problem for days. Any other suggestions?

Since you are on a timeline, restore the computer to a date where the program worked. When you have time, look at the updates/ new installations that were put on your computer. Trend Micro anti-virus was a recent problem with an update. Did you add any new programs?

Is it possible that you were using software render and somehow switched it to hardware? That will cause all kinds of problems.

Since you are on a timeline, restore the computer to a date where the program worked. When you have time, look at the updates/ new installations that were put on your computer. Trend Micro anti-virus was a recent problem with an update. Did you add any new programs?

Is it possible that you were using software render and somehow switched it to hardware? That will cause all kinds of problems.

I have windows set up w/ auto update and also Norton antivirus software is set to auto update. Other than that I have not added anything new.

How would I restore the computer to a date when it worked?

Thank you so much for your help.

Archived