• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Trying to record some N64 stuff but sound isn't working

matthewsthib

Question

First time posting and hoping for the best. In my video, you'll hear me describe my issues and you'll hear the issue itself. 

If you would rather read about my issue here it is:

I recently purchased a new laptop, a Dell XPS. Prior to this, I had a Dell Inspiron. The former was not really meant for streaming or even video editing, but that's beside the point.

About a year or a year and a half ago, I started digitizing my family's old VHS tapes. I rather enjoyed it and had no problems doing so. I used the Roxio Video Capture USB and the VHS to DVD software. It all worked fine.

Eventually, I decided to record games (my internet was not good enough to live stream). Everything went perfectly.

Now, on my new laptop, I am having a sound issue. Watch the video to see what I mean.

I have been on this forum, youtube, and other sites trying to resolve this issue. I am using Xsplit Broadcaster to record and after much digging, I concluded that this program is not the culprit. After digging through other forums and videos I was able to conclude my PC is (likely) not the issue.

Most likely, the issue is either the capture card or perhaps the capture card is interfering with something already on my laptop.

Please, fellow video dudes, help.

*****UPDATE:

I hooked the video capture to a VCR. The sound works fine, though it did drop out completely or not work properly a time or two. I suspect the issue is likely the capture USB, or the capture USB and my laptop not agreeing with each other.

****ANOTHER UPDATE:

I have concluded the issue is my new laptop. I attempted recording on my old laptop without issue. 

This clarifies what the problem isn't. It does not, however, give me an answer.

Edited by matthewsthib

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet