No Recorder after update & Reinstall Problem

SiuHin

I've downloaded and installed the set of recommended update for my ECDC 6. Since then, DVD Builder and Creator Classic reports no recorder, although my other application, Nero Express 6, can see and use my dvd recorder which is AOpen. Tried all option discussed in the net but no help (any one have idea on what happen), before I attempt my last option below, will is a complete failure :)

I tried to reinstall the package from cd again, by uninstalling then put in the cd and install again. Install goes well, but since, I cannot open up any application such as DVD Builder or Creator Classic). It just do not respond to any click. The drag to disk task bar icon is available, but I cannot config it. When I click to setting, it will report certification file corrupted or not found. I am wondering what happen here? Anyone has experienced this? Anyone know how can I get this working again?

I've downloaded and installed the set of recommended update for my ECDC 6. Since then, DVD Builder and Creator Classic reports no recorder, although my other application, Nero Express 6, can see and use my dvd recorder which is AOpen. Tried all option discussed in the net but no help (any one have idea on what happen), before I attempt my last option below, will is a complete failure :)

I tried to reinstall the package from cd again, by uninstalling then put in the cd and install again. Install goes well, but since, I cannot open up any application such as DVD Builder or Creator Classic). It just do not respond to any click. The drag to disk task bar icon is available, but I cannot config it. When I click to setting, it will report certification file corrupted or not found. I am wondering what happen here? Anyone has experienced this? Anyone know how can I get this working again?

Try this first:

Uninstall/re-install

Go into your add/remove programs and remove Roxio.......then use this Roxio utility called Roxizap that you can use to remove all remnants of Roxio/Adaptec software for you. Caution, it may also remove registry entries for GoBack, so if you have that installed, uninstall it first, then re-install after running roxizap.

You can get roxizap here: http://tools.roxio.com/support/tools/roxizap.exe

Then re-install from your installation disc. If you require any updates make sure you apply the correct one, Basic or Platinum.

Let us know how it goes.

Do ogdens, Uninstall/re-install above first! If v6 don't see the drive after that. Try the assistant below.

Using Roxio Assistant:

Roxio Assistant is designed to correct Engine Initialization errors. If Easy CD & DVD Creator's Engine does not initialize, the applications in Easy CD & DVD Creator will not recognize your recorder.

After running Roxio assistant, you should update Easy CD & DVD Creator as described above in "Updating Your Software to the Latest Version:".

RoxAssist.exe is located at:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\Upgrade\RoxAssist.exe

(Note: If you have modified the installation of Windows or Easy CD & DVD Creator, the file may be located in a different location.)

After running this program you should receive the message "Engine initialized successfully with full recorder support".

If you do not receive the message, update your Virus software and then check and clean your system for viruses. After the removal of any viruses, uninstall and then reinstall Easy CD & DVD Creator (use "Add Remove Programs" in "Control Panel".)

Roxio Assistant: In some instances Roxio Assistant may require the installation CD, not allowing you to "Cancel" with out it. In this case you will need to insert the Easy CD & DVD Creator install disc into your drive so that Roxio Assistant will have access to needed files.

cdanteek

Thanks for those replied. I've tried to uninstall then reinstall it back, after running the roxizap.exe (again, I've tried it once before my original post, and I thought it's for v4 or v5 as listed in the popup message), and now I've got the creater running.

However, it still cannot pick up any default recorder. I've tried RoxAssist many time, each time it report updated the registry and ask me to reboot. After that, it give a popup message stating RoxAssist Run is Successful, with the code TBL. I didn't see the message as cdanteek described. So, not sure if this is really a successful run. Anyway, I've tried it a number of time, and has been rebooting my computer many times, but still have no luck. I still can't have it pick up my AOpen DVD Writer. Any further idea or suggestion?

In the meantime, I can still create the dvd image (save as iso) with DVD Builder, but I have to use Nero Express to burn it to the dvd (I don't have Nero's InCD installed, and have disabled Drag2Disk, as I don't need such feature). Btw, beside Nero Express, I also have DVD Movie Factory which can detect and use the DVD Writer without any complain.

Archived