• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Gordon

EMC 9 and 8 Comparison

Question

I am considering upgrading from EMC 8 to 9. Where can I find a list of features in EMC 9 that are not available in EMC 8?

3 answers to this question

I am considering upgrading from EMC 8 to 9. Where can I find a list of features in EMC 9 that are not available in EMC 8?

Depends, do you have V8 Suite or the Deluxe. If you have the Suite, then V9 will give you all the functions that are currently grayed out. That's pretty much of a no brainer. If you have the Deluxe and do not have any problems with it then you would have to do some research. I don't know of any side by side comparisons. V9 encoding seems to be faster/better than V8 but a lot of that would depend on your computer. There are some nice things added to some of the functions like a better Sound editor clean up utility and the ability to preroll (precapture) audio from the source. This lists most of the new features. Make sure you look at all the tabs.

Edited by sknis

It appears that any disk made with ver 8 can not be written to with ver 9

???? That seems out of the blue and has little to do with the features of V9 vs V8. Please start you own thread and provide more information like what are you using to write to a V8 disc. Did you make the original with Drag2Disc, Creator Classic, BUMP or other. That's a pretty broad statement and for the most part, just plain wrong. Did you close the disc? You may need to explain more and follow some simple directions to do so.