• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

"could not be unmounted" Message

Alvis

Question

I have been trying to copy a disc that I created that has been copied before with Toast 6.0.9 but now as I try to copy from the master or the child I get this error "disc name" could not be unmounted. All open files and programs on this volume must be closed first.

I have all the files and programs closed. first - what does this mean? Is there more to it than the obvious? If it is the obvious then why am I having this problem? If it is not the obvious how do I fix it?

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 answers to this question

I have been trying to copy a disc that I created that has been copied before with Toast 6.0.9 but now as I try to copy from the master or the child I get this error "disc name" could not be unmounted. All open files and programs on this volume must be closed first.

I have all the files and programs closed. first - what does this mean? Is there more to it than the obvious? If it is the obvious then why am I having this problem? If it is not the obvious how do I fix it?

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am trying to duplicate a video CD from my G4's internal DVD Rom drive to my external CD writer using Toast 6 Titanium, but getting a similar message about unmounting the original in the G4. But it doesn't appear to be mounted. Hopefully there's some support here: how can I get round this and copy this CD, which took ages to make, please?

Many thanks.

I am trying to duplicate a video CD from my G4's internal DVD Rom drive to my external CD writer using Toast 6 Titanium, but getting a similar message about unmounting the original in the G4. But it doesn't appear to be mounted. Hopefully there's some support here: how can I get round this and copy this CD, which took ages to make, please?

Many thanks.

I don't know the reason you are experiencing this. I presume you are using the Toast Copy window. This may be a workaround: Close Toast so the Video CD does mount on the desktop. Open Toast and choose the Data window. Select ISO 9660 as the format. Click New Disc and name your disc. Add the contents of the Video CD to the data window. Now burn your new disc. Let me know if this works for you.

Archived