Roxio Retrieve Corruption

twmerritt

I created a 9-disk set using Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 to backup important files from an old PC and expected to load them onto my new/replacement PC. After formatting the old PC's drive and setting up the new PC, I tried to restore the files using Roxio Retrieve and discovered that the files were corrupted or not being read correctly. I read the posting on the Roxio support site (via Roxanne) and it gave no help for recovering the existing mess...only said that the problem was fixed in later releases and the files would be OK if created using a newer release. I tried Easy Media Creator 9 Suite and had no luck reading the disks. Retrieve 9 cannot even see the subdirectories on the backup set, only the files in the root directory. I cannot believe that Roxio would leave its customers in such a state (I've read postings from others having the same problem), and not try to keep them as a customer by allowing them to recover their files. This commercial software has caused me to lose all my data. Is there a solution to this situation? Is there a way to read the disks correctly?

Have you tried one of the recovery programs, such as cdroller (www.cdroller.com) or ISOBuster.com (www.isobuster.com)? Both have impressive testimonials on their websites and in the Roxio boards. Both have "trial" Versions that let you see if anything can be recovered before you have to pay.

For future reference - never use disc spanning.

Lynn

Archived