• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Need help combining several sound files into one continuous file for DVD movie

Devsma1

I need to combine 6 sound files (already wma files) into one continuous file to then be played during the DVD Builder Project we created of our still photos but I keep getting an error message that says "Unable to open the file for editing" in AudioCenter Sound Editor. What can I do? Please help!

I need to combine 6 sound files (already wma files) into one continuous file to then be played during the DVD Builder Project we created of our still photos but I keep getting an error message that says "Unable to open the file for editing" in AudioCenter Sound Editor. What can I do? Please help!

Where did you get those files? If you bought them from an on line store, you cannot use them in the program as is because of Digital Rights Management issues. Use whatever program you used to buy the music to burn them to a CD. Now, for personal use only, capture those files back to your hard drive. Try again. If the files are from so meting else like a personal recorder, then the bitrate may not be supported. Let us know and perhaps we have some other thought for you to try.

Where did you get those files? If you bought them from an on line store, you cannot use them in the program as is because of Digital Rights Management issues. Use whatever program you used to buy the music to burn them to a CD. Now, for personal use only, capture those files back to your hard drive. Try again. If the files are from so meting else like a personal recorder, then the bitrate may not be supported. Let us know and perhaps we have some other thought for you to try.

These files were from a personal collection of music burned years ago to a party cd for our birthdays. I am really a dumbell about computers and this sort of thing so flying by the seat of my pants. I am able to attach one of the six songs to the dvd but it just repeats itself over and over. What I was trying to do was to let all 6 songs (which were perfectly timed to transition to appropriate areas in the dvd) to play themselves out then go onto the next. According to the directions in Roxio, I should be able to use the audio central/sound editor to combine all the tracks into one. But as I said initially, it keeps saying unable to edit wma file?!? I'm going crazy trying to do this.

These files were from a personal collection of music burned years ago to a party cd for our birthdays. I am really a dumbell about computers and this sort of thing so flying by the seat of my pants. I am able to attach one of the six songs to the dvd but it just repeats itself over and over. What I was trying to do was to let all 6 songs (which were perfectly timed to transition to appropriate areas in the dvd) to play themselves out then go onto the next. According to the directions in Roxio, I should be able to use the audio central/sound editor to combine all the tracks into one. But as I said initially, it keeps saying unable to edit wma file?!? I'm going crazy trying to do this.

Which version of the software do you have? You've posted in the version 9 section, but it sounds like you may actually have v 6. Which is it?

Which version of the software do you have? You've posted in the version 9 section, but it sounds like you may actually have v 6. Which is it?

You are right. My son bought me Roxio 6. I guesss I should have posted in another place? Should I start all over again?

Archived