what product to buy ?

renovation

here is what i like to do .im new at this end of reformat . i have a hi8 camcorder and i like to convert this movie that is on tape .to a 4.2 gig dvd that can be used in any dvd player . im in the united states so it will only have to be one regent code .

the tape (movie ) is about 2 hours long .

i want to give these away to family members as it is of a wedding .

here is the computer specs i have to work with below !

amd 64-3400

1 gig ram

256 nvidia fd 6600

win tv tv card

the camorder is a sony handycam model - ccd-trv58

thanks renovation !

also have a great thanksgiving to those in the states !

here is what i like to do .im new at this end of reformat . i have a hi8 camcorder and i like to convert this movie that is on tape .to a 4.2 gig dvd that can be used in any dvd player . im in the united states so it will only have to be one regent code .

amd 64-3400

1 gig ram

256 nvidia fd 6600

win tv tv card

thanks renovation !

Tell us what Roxio product you have installed? and what you have tried so far.

We need more information............we are just fellow users like you.

amd 64-3400

1 gig ram

256 nvidia fd 6600

win tv tv card

thanks renovation !

Let's assume that you are starting from scratch.

You will need a analog to digital converter to convert the video signal so that your computer computer can use it. There are USB devices that you can use but I find that the less expensive ones give a slightly muddy picture. I prefer and internal card.You may be able to use the card you have. .

Now as to the program. You can go cheap and just get something like the stand alone VideoWave program or MyDVD but I'll bet that you will someday want to add music to a video, or start making audio CDs or DVDs with 50 hours (or less) music on them. In my humble opinion, unless you are really strapped for cash, consider the full Easy Media Creator V9. Look for it on sale.

Be aware that video processing is CPU intensive. These programs also stress your video card/chip. Your computer should handle the program but make sure all your computer device drivers are up to date - especially the video card.

A couple of things, that camera uses on output device for both audio and video, the audio is one channel; not true mono. Sound Editor in EMC V9 will adjust it to play out of both channels.

You can get only one hour of best quality on a single layer disc. You can get up to slightly under two hours at lesser quality. You will have to determine if it is good enough for your use. many people have indicated that the quality is good with 2 hours.

Let us know what you decide or let us know if you have more questions.

Archived