• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Vista Full Version install fails

Shawn MacArthur

Question

I have the full version of Vista RTM. I have the full version of office 2007. I install EMC9 successfully. When I go to reboot my computer it reboots fine and then just sits at a black screen with the mouse curser. I let it sit for almost 2 hours when I went to run an errand, still nothing. I had to do a system restore from safe mode to be boot into the machine.

I tried booting into VGA mode, I disabled all of the Roxio services, last known good, and none of these worked. I tried installing it 3 times.

4 answers to this question

I have the full version of Vista RTM. I have the full version of office 2007. I install EMC9 successfully. When I go to reboot my computer it reboots fine and then just sits at a black screen with the mouse curser. I let it sit for almost 2 hours when I went to run an errand, still nothing. I had to do a system restore from safe mode to be boot into the machine.

I tried booting into VGA mode, I disabled all of the Roxio services, last known good, and none of these worked. I tried installing it 3 times.

Vista has NOT been released yet except to OEMs - you may have RC2 in which case the following (from Roxanne) will apply:

"...Roxio doesn't support Beta or Release Candidate (RC) versions of partners, 3rd party, or operating system software. The full operational abilities of Roxio software with the Beta/Release Candidate software can not be guaranteed as Beta/Release Candidate software tends to be functional, but since it is still "in development" and may have some functional instabilities.

For more information on Beta or Release Candidate software, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_stage.

If you are having issues with operating Beta/Release Candidate software with a Roxio product, we recommend removing the Beta/Release Candidate version and reinstalling the last operating version of the software...."

Vista has NOT been released yet except to OEMs

Actually, the RTM (Release To Manufacturing) version can be downloaded by anyone with an MSDN library subscription (http://msdn.microsoft.com). It has also been made available to any beta tester who reported a bug on one of the previous versions.

I installed Vista Ultimate RTM last weekend and was just about to upgrade to EMC9 since the System Requirements list Vista as being a supported platform... but it sounds like I need to look for an alternative product.

I too have Ultimate RTM and am waiting for an update from Roxio before installing. Just so you know, Roxio has stated that when it's released to the public, they will have full compatibility. Much of it worked for me but I'm waiting until much later as most programs aren't running correctly on it yet. By the time it's released in late January, most vendors will have drivers and patches ready to go. If you can't wait, then you'll have to look around for something else I guess.

Maybe it is the release version - I wouldn't know (and if I erred, then I apologise). I was just going by this (received from MS Ireland)

"...On the evening of Tuesday, 5 December, we hope that you will be part of the biggest ever tech event in the history of Microsoft Ireland: the Tech Community Launch of Windows Vista, 2007 Microsoft Office system and Microsoft Exchange Server 2007..."

Archived