• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Unable to capture streaming audio

the don

Question

Hi

I have recently bought and installed EMC9, and have recently installed Vista RC1.

I used to be able to capture audio from internet radio broadcasts, under XP, using EMC8.

But now, when I open Easy Audio Capture, the only Capture From options are Line In and Microphone. I am not able to select any Input, and the Recording Level sliders are greyed out.

I am still able to hear the radio through speakers, but not record.

I've checked other settings, and nothing seems to be muted

I have an Asus A7N8X-X motherboard, and am using the motherboards own sound card, not a seperate sound card.

Can anyone out there help please?

Thanks

10 answers to this question

Thanks for the replies so far.

I suppose I could wait for a couple of months to see if the final Vista release fixes the problem, or if Roxio provide a patch.

Otherwise would installing a dedicated soundcard, such as the Creative Labs Audigy 2, solve the problem?

Thanks again.....

Otherwise would installing a dedicated soundcard, such as the Creative Labs Audigy 2, solve the problem?

Thanks again.....

Ask Microsoft or try it. Even if you get it working now, when the final of Vista comes out, it may not work then because of the hundreds (thousands) or changes between RC1 and the final.

This is also happening to me. Vista 32 Business v6.0.6000 (Gold release) can't see any audio inputs - but EMCv9 under XP could.

I have a HP Pavillion Notebook DV5237CL - so I can't install a new sound card.

Now that Vista has been released - I hope that Roxio fixes this 'bug'.

I am installing EMCv9 on a virtual instance of XP (under Virtual PC 2007) to see if that solves the problem for now.

If it worked under V8 and XP then I don't think you need a new soundcard.That one should have the necessary inputs.The problem is Vista (it would seem) and its compatibility with Roxio.

If this is something that has to be done right away,go back to XP.

If not,wait it out and see what happens with the public release of Vista.

V9 is not guaranteed to work with Vista until it is released to the public and even then might need to have a patch applied before it will.That's probably where your trouble is.I can capture Internet audio just fine using V9 but then again I'm using XP and my soundcard has that inputs that allow it.If you were able to do it under XP and V8 with your equipment then it should work under V9 as long as you were installed on XP also.

Either ditch RC1 or Roxio V9 until Vista is released or a patch for V9 is.

If you're using the same hardware in V9 that you were using successfully in V8 then it should work for you no problem.If on the other hand you got new hardware then Yes,the sound card could be the problem.

To be able to capture from the net then your card needs an input such as "What you hear","Wave","Monitor" or something like that depending on the card.Often times Mother Board built in audio doesn't have these.

I use a Creative Labs Audigy 2.There are a few versions of that card but they all do what you're trying to do as do most(if not all) other Creative cards.As far as other manufacturers go,I can't really comment as I've only ever used Creative cards but I'm sure that other cards also do what you want to do.

Archived