• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cineplayer Decoders - Cannot Find... License

mcfarland05

Question

I got a new error message trying to burn a CD. "Cineplayer decoders... cannot find a valid license." Went to Roxio and found directions for correcting by doing regedit and re-installing the program. Couldn't find any folder named "vdsp" as directed. Installed firmware update for my DVD RW drive.

Could not uninstall Cineplayer from Control Panel - it is not listed. Ideas?

Also - re-installing EMC7 (and I have a downloaded upgrade to 7.5) - do I have to re-install 7 and 7.5 again? 'Cause I don't know where my upgrade file is for the 7.5. Anybody know the name of the file, so I can search for it - or how to access it again online (I still have the upgrade key).

Thanks. - Bob

6 answers to this question

Yeah, this happens to me, too.

I'm so bothered by it that i just registered on this community to bump a three year old thread.

Have you opened CinePlayer? In EMC 7, or 7.5, I remember that when folks had problems with it, opening Cineplayer registered the certificate, and all was well, thereafter.

Aside: You must have moved elsewhere, in the past 3 years, because it would appear to me, that you are the one who posted 3 years ago.

I bought EMC 7.5 about four years ago. I had it on my last laptop, and decided to put it on the new one I got a few months ago. I decided I didn't need it and uninstalled it. Now, every time i try to play a DVD or open a .VOB file I get that error message. Should I try reinstalling-reuninstalling or some other variation of measures? I just want to know a simple solution, please help.

Archived