• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Sound issues; desperate for help

LisaLee

Question

I am new to creating videos. I video taped a dance workshop and I am now trying to edit and combine all of the tapes into one video. I have approximately 8 hours of video to edit.

I have captured the first tape using Roxio but when I play it, the sound is terrible. The sound continues to skip and hang and you can't even make out what the instructor is saying. I captured the video using Muvvee also and the sound played back just fine. I contacted support and it took them two weeks to get a useless response to me. I have tried searching the knowledge base and every keyword I put in comes back with zero results, even generic words like "burn". I am at my wits end as support on this product I have found to be less than pathetic. Two weeks to respond to an email, what kind of service is that? Ineed help and I need it now. Anyone who has any ideas, I can't tell you how appreciative I would be.

8 answers to this question

I think I have the same problem. EMC9 captures the video just fine. When I play the captured video in Edit mode the sound is very distorted and unrecognizable. Windows Movie Maker captures the video and sound just fine so I think it is an issue with EMC9. I bought this software and book just to edit my home videos from my digital camcorder. Please help me..............

Thanks!!!

Chad

I'm not convinced it is the same problem. Much of the audio preview issues are related to the sound card on your computer. Go to Windows>Run>dxdiag>OK. Make sure you have DirectX 9c on the first window. Click on the sound tab and move the audio acceleration slide to the left a couple of notches. Try previewing your production again. If it OK, you might try moving the slider to the right a little at a time until you hear the distortion. Really the only way you can really tell how good the final result will be is by completing the project and burning to a RW disc and watching and listening to it. RW so you won't waste discs if you see something you don't like. I always find something that I wanted differently on the final final final version. :)

I'm not convinced it is the same problem. Much of the audio preview issues are related to the sound card on your computer. Go to Windows>Run>dxdiag>OK. Make sure you have DirectX 9c on the first window. Click on the sound tab and move the audio acceleration slide to the left a couple of notches. Try previewing your production again. If it OK, you might try moving the slider to the right a little at a time until you hear the distortion. Really the only way you can really tell how good the final result will be is by completing the project and burning to a RW disc and watching and listening to it. RW so you won't waste discs if you see something you don't like. I always find something that I wanted differently on the final final final version. :)

Thanks!!!! Moving the Audio Acceleration slider to "Basic" from the "Full" position corrected the problem. Thanks again for your insight......'

Chad

I am new to creating videos. I video taped a dance workshop and I am now trying to edit and combine all of the tapes into one video. I have approximately 8 hours of video to edit.

I have captured the first tape using Roxio but when I play it, the sound is terrible. The sound continues to skip and hang and you can't even make out what the instructor is saying. I captured the video using Muvvee also and the sound played back just fine. I contacted support and it took them two weeks to get a useless response to me. I have tried searching the knowledge base and every keyword I put in comes back with zero results, even generic words like "burn". I am at my wits end as support on this product I have found to be less than pathetic. Two weeks to respond to an email, what kind of service is that? Ineed help and I need it now. Anyone who has any ideas, I can't tell you how appreciative I would be.

I don't know what you taped with, because you failed to provide that information as well as how you have it connected to your computer. If it isn't connected via firewire, you could have the troubles that you have listed in your post.

You can capture with the software that came with your video camera and then do your editing in VideoWave. Either way, you are not going to get 8 hours of video on one DVD.

You will get 1 hour of video on a standard DVD at best quality. If you are using DL discs, you will get somewhat less than 2 hours at best quality.

Did you try capturing with the software that came with the camcorder or with Windows Movie Maker? Hang in there. Hopefully, we will get it sorted.

I think I have the same problem. EMC9 captures the video just fine. When I play the captured video in Edit mode the sound is very distorted and unrecognizable. Windows Movie Maker captures the video and sound just fine so I think it is an issue with EMC9. I bought this software and book just to edit my home videos from my digital camcorder. Please help me..............

Thanks!!!

Chad

I have been reading these oosts, and am wondering about a problem I have been having too. When doing video capture from TV tuner , the sound level will fluctuate - goes down suddenly for a second and then is back to normal. Also when trying to capture streaming audio - the same problem pops up. Any suggestions there?

George

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your response. I did capture the video via firewire. I really don't believe that the video capture is the issue as the sound worked perfectly fine using other software, only problems using Roxio. Any tips or tricks as I am a newbie with videos? Thanks again.

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your response. I did capture the video via firewire. I really don't believe that the video capture is the issue as the sound worked perfectly fine using other software, only problems using Roxio. Any tips or tricks as I am a newbie with videos? Thanks again.

Did you try capturing with the software that came with the camcorder or with Windows Movie Maker? Hang in there. Hopefully, we will get it sorted.

I am having a similar problem. I have connected my digital camcorder to my laptop with a firewire cable, and imported the video from off of the camcorder. The video looks great, but the audio is distorted and skips a lot! I'm considering using your suggestion of using the Windows Movie Maker or the software that came with the camcorder (a Canon MicroDV camcorder). Does Windows Movie Maker copy it as an .AVI file or no?

Archived