• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Easy Media Creator 9 Errors

Jimbo321

Question

After trying my first project I am just curious, has anyone been able to get this program to generate a slideshow or write a DVD without experience a massive amount of what seems like bugs, errors, and crashes? I would like to know before I invest the time to try to get it working correctly?

Thanks, Jim

21 answers to this question

Making some progress...

Removed all other dvd related software and did a complete uninstall and reinstall with no change.

Removed Roxio drag and drop to disc and turned off Roxio media manager services folder watching and this helps.

Update to the latest version of Direct X from Microsoft. No change.

Also downloaded the latest video driver from Nvidia which also fixed some issues including fixing text editing.

Running Cineplayer crashes VideoWave 9. So try to run just Roxio one application at a time.

Still dropping slides when creating the image.iso

Updated SB Audigy drivers, and I now have audio from cineplayer.

I have been trying to take a group of .jpg pictures and make a dvd slide show. The tools that are not working as expected are as follows:

Videowave 9

Unstable text editing

Unstable when moving slides

Unstable moving audio track or changing fades

Crashes

Hangs

MyDVD

Will preview created slideshow to computer screen

Dropped sildes with black rectangles in place of dropped images when writing to image.iso or dvd

Seem to be more stable when Roxio diskdrive and folder monitoring software is disabled

Crashes when writing to DVD ~ 50% of the time

CinePlayer

Video but no Audio while playing DVDs

DVDs will play fine with other software such as powerDVD on the same computer

Disc Copier

Errors copy one disk to another

Note I ran CHKDSK, Defrag, and I updated the BIOS on both DVD drives per Roxio knowledge base with no change.

Software seems consistantly unstable.

System is a Dell Workstation 670

PROCESSOR, 80546K, 3.6G, 1M, XEON NOCONA, 800, E0

KEYBOARD, 104, UNITED STATES, SILITEK, LOW COST, MIDNIGHT GRAY

DUAL IN-LINE MEMORY MODULE, 512, 400M, 32X72, 8, 240, 2RX8

DUAL IN-LINE MEMORY MODULE, 512, 400M, 64X72, 8, 240, 1RX8

MOUSE, UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS, 2BTN, WHEEL, ENTRY, PRIMAX ELECTRONICS LTD

MULTI-MEDIA, AUDIO, 1394, SB0353

DIGITAL VIDEO DISK DRIVE, 17G, 16X, I, 5.25" FORM FACTOR, LITEON, CHASSIS 2001, V5

DVD+/-RW, 16X, HALF HEIGHT, NEC CORPORATION, CHASSIS 2001

GRAPHICS, 64, PERIPHERAL COMPONENT INTERCONNECT EXPRESS, NVS280, ULGA5

FLOPPY DRIVE, 1.44M, TEAC, CHASSIS 2001

HARD DRIVE, 73GB, S, U320, 15K, 68P, SEAGATE

Well at least you can get that far. At first I had the problem of installing. I fixed that with an update of IE 7. Some things work but Photosuite does not. I also updated the video driver (Intel 915 chipset) but no difference.

When I try to run slideshow, the home menu minimizes, and a few seconds later reappears without launching Slideshow. When I try any of the other menu options, they either do the same thing or I get the good old non-responsive error!

I have probably spent over 10 hours this week with this program in the evenings, what a waste. Can I get a refund?

Pete

Well at least you can get that far. At first I had the problem of installing. I fixed that with an update of IE 7. Some things work but Photosuite does not. I also updated the video driver (Intel 915 chipset) but no difference.

When I try to run slideshow, the home menu minimizes, and a few seconds later reappears without launching Slideshow. When I try any of the other menu options, they either do the same thing or I get the good old non-responsive error!

I have probably spent over 10 hours this week with this program in the evenings, what a waste. Can I get a refund?

Pete

Contact Roxio.

Ok I have been able to get it to work much much better.... Still some issues, but night and day better.

It took some time, but here is what I did.

CHKDSK and DEFRAG

Updated DVD drive bios, Sound and Video Drivers

Uninstalled all Roxio and Sonic software, removed all Roxio and Sonic software reg keys, folders

Restarted

Reinstalled

Uninstalled ROXIO drag and drop

Exit ROXIO Media Manager Service Folder watching in sys tray

Do not use the slideshow assistant but go straight into videowave for slideshow.

Keeping my fingers crossed here,

Jim

I am looking for answers to my problem, not a reprimand. I have a life beyond sitting at my machine in a forum. All my experiences have been posted and new threads started in the hope of getting a solution. I guess life is not that good with you.

I was responding to tafkaBruce, not you.

And, life is good with me.

Ok I have been able to get it to work much much better.... Still some issues, but night and day better.

It took some time, but here is what I did.

CHKDSK and DEFRAG

Updated DVD drive bios, Sound and Video Drivers

Uninstalled all Roxio and Sonic software, removed all Roxio and Sonic software reg keys, folders

Restarted

Reinstalled

Uninstalled ROXIO drag and drop

Exit ROXIO Media Manager Service Folder watching in sys tray

Do not use the slideshow assistant but go straight into videowave for slideshow.

Keeping my fingers crossed here,

Jim

Good luck, Jim. Let us know how it turns out.

After trying my first project I am just curious, has anyone been able to get this program to generate a slideshow or write a DVD without experience a massive amount of what seems like bugs, errors, and crashes? I would like to know before I invest the time to try to get it working correctly?

Thanks, Jim

After trying your first project in what? I have no problems, but if your computer specs don't far exceed the minimum requirements, you can get it to work alright, but all will be slow going.

I have been trying to take a group of .jpg pictures and make a dvd slide show. The tools that are not working as expected are as follows:

Videowave 9

Unstable text editing

Unstable when moving slides

Unstable moving audio track or changing fades

Crashes

Hangs

MyDVD

Will preview created slideshow to computer screen

Dropped sildes with black rectangles in place of dropped images when writing to image.iso or dvd

Seem to be more stable when Roxio diskdrive and folder monitoring software is disabled

Crashes when writing to DVD ~ 50% of the time

CinePlayer

Video but no Audio while playing DVDs

DVDs will play fine with other software such as powerDVD on the same computer

Disc Copier

Errors copy one disk to another

Note I ran CHKDSK, Defrag, and I updated the BIOS on both DVD drives per Roxio knowledge base with change.

Software seems consistantly unstable.

System is a Dell Workstation 670

KEYBOARD, 104, UNITED STATES, SILITEK, LOW COST, MIDNIGHT GRAY

DUAL IN-LINE MEMORY MODULE, 512, 400M, 32X72, 8, 240, 2RX8

DUAL IN-LINE MEMORY MODULE, 512, 400M, 64X72, 8, 240, 1RX8

MOUSE, UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS, 2BTN, WHEEL, ENTRY, PRIMAX ELECTRONICS LTD

MULTI-MEDIA, AUDIO, 1394, SB0353

DIGITAL VIDEO DISK DRIVE, 17G, 16X, I, 5.25" FORM FACTOR, LITEON, CHASSIS 2001, V5

DVD+/-RW, 16X, HALF HEIGHT, NEC CORPORATION, CHASSIS 2001

GRAPHICS, 64, PERIPHERAL COMPONENT INTERCONNECT EXPRESS, NVS280, ULGA5

FLOPPY DRIVE, 1.44M, TEAC, CHASSIS 2001

HARD DRIVE, 73GB, S, U320, 15K, 68P, SEAGATE

It is quite possible that your video chip may be the problem. Install the latest drivers for that video card/chip, and if that doesn't help, get a dedicated video card.

Thanks, Jim

Plan on spending a fair amount of time shutting down the program with Task Manager and restarting. I have been trying to simply cut some scenes out of my DV AVI file and add a little text. It is very time consuming because it continually hangs and has to be restarted.

Plan on spending a fair amount of time shutting down the program with Task Manager and restarting. I have been trying to simply cut some scenes out of my DV AVI file and add a little text. It is very time consuming because it continually hangs and has to be restarted.

tafkaBruce: So far you are off to a great start. You have made 2 whiny posts and not asked a single question or offered anyone any help or advice…

If you have a problem, then start a new thread and post the specs. Otherwise you are on the short list of candidates for deletion.

I have a brand new Dell with plenty of hard drive space and all the bells and whistle.........newest video drivers and all that, but this program still "is experiencing a problem and must shut down" on a regular basis.

I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it twice now.....Could the problem be that my old Roxio Easy CD/DVD Creator 6 is still installed.....the onscreen instructions said to leave it, if there was a chance I'd still be using it. I am running XP media.

I have a brand new Dell with plenty of hard drive space and all the bells and whistle.........newest video drivers and all that, but this program still "is experiencing a problem and must shut down" on a regular basis.

I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it twice now.....Could the problem be that my old Roxio Easy CD/DVD Creator 6 is still installed.....the onscreen instructions said to leave it, if there was a chance I'd still be using it. I am running XP media.

The ECD Creator 6 is not a problem if you don't have both the Direct CD installed and the Drag to Disc from EMC 9 installed. You can only have one or the other. I don't install packet writing software.

Your problem is more than likely the junk that came installed on your Dell. See if Sonic DLA is installed or Nero InCD. If either is on your hard drive, uninstall it.

Thanks, Jim

It seems that it is alwas your problem. I am a software development engineer that bought EMC 9 and it DOES NOT WORK.

It seems that it is alwas your problem. I am a software development engineer that bought EMC 9 and it DOES NOT WORK.

MJM,

This is the 3rd or 4th generation of this software I've purchased and each time I think they are going to get it fixed. 8 had its challenges, but I find 9 wont even work for some pretty basic tasks.

Dell Lat D620

BIOS A02

SM BIOS 2.4

XP Pro 5.1.2600 SP2

T2500@2.00 GHz

2 MB Ram

NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M, 256 mb, 6.14.10.8313

MJM,

This is the 3rd or 4th generation of this software I've purchased and each time I think they are going to get it fixed. 8 had its challenges, but I find 9 wont even work for some pretty basic tasks.

Dell Lat D620

BIOS A02

SM BIOS 2.4

XP Pro 5.1.2600 SP2

T2500@2.00 GHz

2 MB Ram

NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M, 256 mb, 6.14.10.8313

You don't even have the decency to come back and answer any questions. You hop from thread to thread bitching about the software, but offer nothing else outside of my car won't start.

Go back to the damned threads where you bitched and answer the questions that you ignored!!!

Fair enough, I am new to this posting thing...

I thought I asked the following:

1) Has anyone been able to get this program to generate a slideshow or write a DVD without experience a massive amount of what seems like bugs, errors, and crashes?

Please delete as you suggest.

1) Has anyone been able to get this program to generate a slideshow or write a DVD without experience a massive amount of what seems like bugs, errors, and crashes?

Yes, I have done two projects that both have slideshow and video clips. One project is 1.75 hours long and the other 12 minutes. Massive amount of bugs, errors, crashes? No, I did not experience that. Enhancement wish? Yes, I have a few.

I've also done a few slideshow projects and videos, and burned dvd's from tehm with no issues (bugs, errors, crashes, etc).

Fair enough, I am new to this posting thing...

I thought I asked the following:

Please delete as you suggest.

Jimbo,

James Harding's comments were I believe directed at me. Best keep you comments positive.

The ECD Creator 6 is not a problem if you don't have both the Direct CD installed and the Drag to Disc from EMC 9 installed. You can only have one or the other. I don't install packet writing software.

Your problem is more than likely the junk that came installed on your Dell. See if Sonic DLA is installed or Nero InCD. If either is on your hard drive, uninstall it.

Could you be more specific on the Sonic DLA junk? I'm having the same problem with the program crashing and I do have some Sonic stuff on it but don't want to remove anything that will keep me from editing projects I've already created with it.

Thanks

Archived