• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How can I get version 7.0.x of Toast?

Harvey

Question

I'm having a problem discussed in an earlier thread, where Toast 7 is creating DVDs with jittery video when played on a DVD player, although the video plays fine when the DVD is played on a Mac. In that thread, people were able to resolve the problem by reverting to a pre-7.1.x version. I purchased Toast 7 recently, and the version shipped was already 7.1. I've looked through Roxio's support site, and can't seem to figure out how to get an earlier version. I can't even get past Roxann to contact "live" tech support.

I have previous versions of Toast, including Toast 6 (which doesn't give me this problem), but I like the different DVD themes available for Toast 7.

Alternatively, if there are other settings to try which might resolve the problem in Toast 7.1.2, please let me know. I've tried burning DVDs at different quality settings, and that didn't make a difference. I've tried burning with and without buffer underrun protection enabled, and that didn't make a difference, either.

The DVDs I'm trying to make are of TV shows recorded using EyeTV. I've been able to do this in the past with no problems, so I'm pretty sure it has to do with the version of Toast I recently started using.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

1 answer to this question

I dont think that the version is your problem (some poor quality source files worked better in our older version, which was less strict about quality).

If it isnt the source files, it may just be buffer underrun prevention needs to be turned off, or you may simply need to try another brand of media. If the disc plays fine in your mac, it isnt a Toast problem though.

Archived