No Picture in Production Preview

patlinlea

Question

:) Can anyone help? I have been working on slideshow project inVideowave (EMC 7.5) with no problems, then switched to Timeline to add audio. Started to do this and it seemed OK. Saved Production. On returning the next day to continue adding audio, project loaded OK, but NO picture appeared in Production Preview Box. Cannot get it in Timeline or in Storyline View. I just get a blank grey box where Preview should be. Have tried several times and now always get the same thing. Can't finish production. I have tried to repair programme - this didn't help. I have plenty of disk space (doesn't need defragmenting) and have not yet got IE7 - have so far refused it. What do I do to get Preview back? Any suggestions.? By the way Preview is OK in another project in DVD Builder. Also get eggtimer 'hangs' which I didn't get before.

6 answers to this question

:huh: Thanks for the help. I tried this and it worked - had to do two new 'SAVE AS' because couldn't remember all my changes, but the second time it resulted in my Preview coming back. I'm very grateful.

I'm glad it worked. :)

I always work with two copies of a production and alternate between them as I edit ( alternately doing a File\ Save As and overwriting the other file). The second file doesn't take up much room and if you have a sudden computer shutdown, a production file can become unreadable. There's nothing worse than having to start again from scratch.

Guest mlpasley

My guess would be that there is something wrong with the storyline.

Do a File\ SAVE AS..... and give the production a new name.

Now in the new production start deleting your changes from the last thing you did. When you find the problem, the preview should come back.

I may have a similar problem with DVD builder...

an added title doesnt appear in production editor and doesnt give a button on menu

Reinstalling doesnt work

you mention IE7 ! this is the only significant thing Ive put on my PC recently

whats the issue with IE7? and is it possible to go back to IE6

thanks

Derek

I may have a similar problem with DVD builder...

an added title doesnt appear in production editor and doesnt give a button on menu

Reinstalling doesnt work

you mention IE7 ! this is the only significant thing Ive put on my PC recently

whats the issue with IE7? and is it possible to go back to IE6

thanks

Derek

Yes. IE 7 'breaks' EMC 7. ( I wish MS would stop issuing 'critical updates' that 'break' the programs I have on my computer. )

There is a note on the top of this board with a link on how to uninstall it here

I don't have it installed and be careful, MS will offer you the update again even if you tell it not to let you know of the update.

Yes. IE 7 'breaks' EMC 7. ( I wish MS would stop issuing 'critical updates' that 'break' the programs I have on my computer. )

There is a note on the top of this board with a link on how to uninstall it here

I don't have it installed and be careful, MS will offer you the update again even if you tell it not to let you know of the update.

yes! IE7 was the problem - thanks a lot microsoft! / am now using IE6

thank you to all contributors who helped me with this problem

Derek

My guess would be that there is something wrong with the storyline.

Do a File\ SAVE AS..... and give the production a new name.

Now in the new production start deleting your changes from the last thing you did. When you find the problem, the preview should come back.

:) Thanks for the help. I tried this and it worked - had to do two new 'SAVE AS' because couldn't remember all my changes, but the second time it resulted in my Preview coming back. I'm very grateful.

Archived