• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Haali Media Splitter warning box won't go away.

BJT

Question

After installing EMC 9 for the first time, now I get a warning box that says "MP4: no supported tracks found".

I have rebooted and the box keeps displaying no matter how many times I click OK. It starts right after boot, not just when EMC is running. VERY frustrating.

thanks.

BT

7 answers to this question

After installing EMC 9 for the first time, now I get a warning box that says "MP4: no supported tracks found".

I have rebooted and the box keeps displaying no matter how many times I click OK. It starts right after boot, not just when EMC is running. VERY frustrating.

thanks.

BT

Try a repair install and see if that helps.

thanks.

BT

Are you sure you don't have some other audio editing program running at startup? Something is strange, to say the least.

Are you sure you don't have some other audio editing program running at startup? Something is strange, to say the least.

Thanks Paul and Bruce.

I did a repair install and now I get a new warning for Haali - "Error: Can't open File: The media type for this file is not recognized". This only appears now when I launch the MyDVD video editor. But again, it is persistant and I can't use EMC at all because of it.

I'm pretty sure I don't have another audio editing program running. I have a fairly fresh XP install and haven't installed a lot of my old utils like Goldwave. I do have iTunes installed, and also still have Roxio EMC 7.5 installed. Also Premier 6 and some other DVD editing utils like WinDVD creator.

thanks again,

BT

Thanks Paul and Bruce.

I did a repair install and now I get a new warning for Haali - "Error: Can't open File: The media type for this file is not recognized". This only appears now when I launch the MyDVD video editor. But again, it is persistant and I can't use EMC at all because of it.

I'm pretty sure I don't have another audio editing program running. I have a fairly fresh XP install and haven't installed a lot of my old utils like Goldwave. I do have iTunes installed, and also still have Roxio EMC 7.5 installed. Also Premier 6 and some other DVD editing utils like WinDVD creator.

thanks again,

BT

I have never heard of Haali Media Splitter. If it is part of EMC 9, it must run hidden when using Sound Editor or one of the other programs.

I have never heard of Haali Media Splitter. If it is part of EMC 9, it must run hidden when using Sound Editor or one of the other programs.

I have now uninstalled Nero, EMC 7 and 9, and reinstalled EMC 9. Still get the error. Arggh! I guess now I'll uninstall anything that could be related including codecs (I have a lot of codec packs installed).

I have now uninstalled Nero, EMC 7 and 9, and reinstalled EMC 9. Still get the error. Arggh! I guess now I'll uninstall anything that could be related including codecs (I have a lot of codec packs installed).

Have you tried uninstalling that Haali Media Splitter program? That seems to be the one causing the conflict.

Have you tried uninstalling that Haali Media Splitter program? That seems to be the one causing the conflict.

Thanks. Actually I tried but it did not show up in the Add/Remove programs panel.

I've now ininstalled just about anything I could think of (codecs, Premier, etc) and I no longer get the error. So it was some conflict, I'm guessing with a codec. I'll reinstall my codec packs one by one to see if I can find the culprit and report back here if I do.

thanks again

BT

Archived