• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Omar

lightscribe dvd burner

Question

I want to buy an IOMagic DL Dvd burner with light scribe.Does anybody know if EMC 7.5 recognizes this

burner and does anybody else use lightscribe and is it really worth it?

3 answers to this question

I am using EMC 7.5 (updated) on one of my computers and the although the drive I have is NOT an IOmagic drive, I can burn Lightscribe media discs using the softwrae that came with the computer (HP notebook) or the free software that I downloaded from Lightscribe's website. So yes, EMC 7.5 recognizes Lightscribe drives. At least the one I have.

Some persons think that the Lightscribe labels are great, but I am one to believe they are not that great. All of the labels I have burned so far with my drive are a dull brownish color and look like crap IMHO. There are some new colored media discs out now that are better than the original Lightscribe media, but until they get the technology to where you can burn a label in full color, I'll continue to make paper labels.

If you have someone you know that has EMC and has a Lightscribe drive, do a few tests and then judge for yourself if you think it's O.K. before you invest in one.

Frank....

Guest ml
I want to buy an IOMagic DL Dvd burner with light scribe.Does anybody know if EMC 7.5 recognizes this

EMC 7.5 should recognize any of the new burners on the market.

I don't have a Lightscribe, but some people love them. Just read the precautions on the website. I think strong light and fingerprints change them.

I have a LightScribe burner, and although I don't think that the burned images are that great, my wife really thinks they are neat, so that is good enough for me. :):):huh:

Edited by grandpabruce