• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

EMC9 and EMC7 on the same computer

kelleencalhoun

Question

11 answers to this question

I have a ton of 7.5 video productions, and I still tweak some from time to time. EMC 9 will open them, but all text and trasitions are gone, because they all changed with EMC 9.

Okay, makes sence I guess. I am still waiting to ensure my refund on the internet download BEFORE I go buy the software from the store. They said they will call me tomorrow....

I'd recommend installing EMC 7.x first and the 86 all of the entries in MSCONFIG /STARTUP and /SERVICES for EMC prior to installing the updated version.

Then you would have problems with a few different programs. That is why I recommend installing EMC 9 first. I have been down that EMC 9 and EMC 7.5 road already.

Then you would have problems with a few different programs. That is why I recommend installing EMC 9 first. I have been down that EMC 9 and EMC 7.5 road already.

Interesting. Is this in the forum ? If so I'll dig it up. Am I to suppose that the installer for EMC 7.5 would detect the more current (up to date) files for the codecs and not replace them ?

Interesting. Is this in the forum ? If so I'll dig it up. Am I to suppose that the installer for EMC 7.5 would detect the more current (up to date) files for the codecs and not replace them ?

I doubt seriously that you will find anything on the Roxio main website, but you may find the book I wrote on it, if you search these forums. Then again, maybe you won't.

I uninstalled EMC7 and installed EMC9, is there any way that I can re-install EMC7 and use that program also, without messing up my EMC9???

I have an external hard drive

I have both EMC9 and EMC7.5 installed in the same computer. One of the advise here is to install each one in their own folder. Since you already have EMC9 installed, install V7 in its own folder.

Archived