Slideshow issues

Delegator

Question

1) Has anyone been able to get this program to generate a slideshow or write a DVD without experience a massive amount of what seems like bugs, errors, and crashes?

I've created a slide show of about 7.5 minutes in length. The final product came out quite nice, but there were several issues:

- it wouldn't fit to music properly. I had to include twice the length of music I wanted, and manually specify the slide duration to fit the song I was using

- changing anything would result in completely unrelated changes to the finisehd product. For example, editing the text on a slide caused the time for each slide to be cut in half

- the preview did not match the finished (burned) disc

I was able to work around these things, but they were frustrating to the point where I picked up Adobe Premiere Elements to see if that was any better. It wasn't, for various reasons. So I stuck with Roxio and slogged through it.

2 answers to this question

I've created a slide show of about 7.5 minutes in length. The final product came out quite nice, but there were several issues:

- it wouldn't fit to music properly. I had to include twice the length of music I wanted, and manually specify the slide duration to fit the song I was using

- changing anything would result in completely unrelated changes to the finisehd product. For example, editing the text on a slide caused the time for each slide to be cut in half

- the preview did not match the finished (burned) disc

I was able to work around these things, but they were frustrating to the point where I picked up Adobe Premiere Elements to see if that was any better. It wasn't, for various reasons. So I stuck with Roxio and slogged through it.

What application in EMC9 did you use to create the slideshow? There is a function to fit the audio to set of still images (either in Videowave or MyDVD). Here is one thread:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...ost&p=65146

PS: I thought your post deserve a separate topic on its own so I split it from the thread where you originally posted your issues.

What application in EMC9 did you use to create the slideshow? There is a function to fit the audio to set of still images (either in Videowave or MyDVD). Here is one thread:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...ost&p=65146

PS: I thought your post deserve a separate topic on its own so I split it from the thread where you originally posted your issues.

Sorry, I hadn't been paying close attention since I finished my project. I used MyDVD to fit the audio to the images. I had 126 images and a song 7:33 in length, and the application would consistent set the slide duration to just 2 seconds pet slide when 3.5 seconds would work.

I tried setting the slide duration manually, but it would not let me go above 2 seconds per slide unless I used two copies of the song fo rthe soundtrack. Then I could set the duration to 3.5 seconds per slide.

Even then, the slide duration would change for no apparent reason when I re-saved the project. For example, I would edit the text on a slide, save the project, and find that the duration had changed. I would then re-set the duration and save it, and when I did that it would be saved correctly.

So, I was able to work around the issues eventually, but it never made sense to me.

Archived