• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
rambo15

Video Wave 7 Professional DVD Builder

Question

Hello:

I created a family reunion dvd file called reunion2006.dmsd. When I attempt to open it directly from the Video Wave 7 Professional Menu (the file is listed at the bottom under recent projects) it errors out with "DVD Builder has encountered a problem and needs to close". It then asks if I want to send an error report (I have sent the error report) when I click don't send the error report the video wave 7 main screen reappears but the DVD Builder screen goes completely white and eventually I have to end it using task manager.

However, If I first open the DVD Builder application from the Video Wave 7 Professional Menu and then open the reunion2006.dmsd file from the DVD Builder File Open Menu, it starts to open but then it gives me an error box that states "Error Cannot Open Project". I click "OK" and the project is there. I can preview it, I just can't edit it. The Production Editor is empty and I cannot find or get to the "Edit using story board option". However, If I manually select the INTRO file for the project (The Title Menu 1 comes up by default) from the file selection at the Top right drop down box it opens without any problems and the The Production Editor can be accessed via the "Edit using story board option" by right clicking the mouse on the project. The theme I used was Ocean. It has a Main Page that when selected opens the Sub Title Page with the individual movies on them. When I preview it everything is there and works fine. I just can't get to the Sub Title Page to edit its contents.

What am I missing? Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards - Mark

3 answers to this question

Guest ml

That doesn't sound good. It sounds like there is something wrong with the .dmsd file.

It's a long shot, but try saving it with another name and see if that helps.

Well if I could read I would be dangerous! I fixed all of the problems by removing Internet Explorer 7. I really wish that Roxio and Microsoft would please get on the same page. We the users are paying for their lack of coordination.

Regards - Mark

Guest ml
Well if I could read I would be dangerous! I fixed all of the problems by removing Internet Explorer 7. I really wish that Roxio and Microsoft would please get on the same page. We the users are paying for their lack of coordination.

Regards - Mark

Glad you found the solution.

I don't work for Roxio, but I would like to point out that it was IE 7 that broke EMC 7 which has been out for a couple of years.

Be careful. Even if you uninstall it, decline one update, and tell the Update not to notify you about the update again, Microsoft may include it in a future update. ( It happened to me.)