Error 80040207

Kjay

Question

I just downloaded EMC9 yesterday, installed, then uninstalled it. Today I created system restore points, got my TiVo problems resolved, and created another system restore point, then installed the first portion of EMC9. (I've also installed the remainder- after another system restore point)

I have a Dell XPS400, 3.0 gig dual core CPU, 1 gig RAM, nVidia 6600 Video card with 512 meg RAM, 2 x 149 gig Hard Drives (RAID 0), and store most of my pictures and other memory hogs on a Lacie 250 gig external hard drive.

I am trying to take a TV program from my Tivo and edit out the commercials, then burn to DVD. If I can master that, I'm hoping to get some long overdue 16mm home movies transferred and saved. Surely cutting out just commercials would be easier than adding music, narrative, and transitions to the other.

Anyway... I spent 10 hours so far today trying to edit a 2 hour movie. I have changed settings as problems arose by way of information found solutions on this website. I have upgraded to the most recent drivers for the video card (Dated Nov. 10, 2006), downloaded and installedl the most recent DirectX - and ran the Direct X diagnostic. I have uninstalled programs that were listed as conflicting, although EMC9 uninstalled most of them during set up.

I have tried "My DVD Express" with this error code, and just plain ol' "My DVD" with the same result. I've tried to burn to DVD, to no avail. I have tried to burn to the hard drive, with the same result. The error is nonspecific, just that there was an error.

After spending all day working at this, and reading innumerable pages on this site and others, I'm giving up for the day.

If the answer is somewhere else on this site, I'm sorry for not finding it on my own. If you have an answer that isn't there, I'd sure appreciate some help.

I'm not finding Roxio as user friendly as the version that was loaded on my computer when I bought it in April of this year.

Thanks.... kga

3 answers to this question

I just downloaded EMC9 yesterday, installed, then uninstalled it. Today I created system restore points, got my TiVo problems resolved, and created another system restore point, then installed the first portion of EMC9. (I've also installed the remainder- after another system restore point)

I have a Dell XPS400, 3.0 gig dual core CPU, 1 gig RAM, nVidia 6600 Video card with 512 meg RAM, 2 x 149 gig Hard Drives (RAID 0), and store most of my pictures and other memory hogs on a Lacie 250 gig external hard drive.

I am trying to take a TV program from my Tivo and edit out the commercials, then burn to DVD. If I can master that, I'm hoping to get some long overdue 16mm home movies transferred and saved. Surely cutting out just commercials would be easier than adding music, narrative, and transitions to the other.

Anyway... I spent 10 hours so far today trying to edit a 2 hour movie. I have changed settings as problems arose by way of information found solutions on this website. I have upgraded to the most recent drivers for the video card (Dated Nov. 10, 2006), downloaded and installedl the most recent DirectX - and ran the Direct X diagnostic. I have uninstalled programs that were listed as conflicting, although EMC9 uninstalled most of them during set up.

I have tried "My DVD Express" with this error code, and just plain ol' "My DVD" with the same result. I've tried to burn to DVD, to no avail. I have tried to burn to the hard drive, with the same result. The error is nonspecific, just that there was an error.

After spending all day working at this, and reading innumerable pages on this site and others, I'm giving up for the day.

If the answer is somewhere else on this site, I'm sorry for not finding it on my own. If you have an answer that isn't there, I'd sure appreciate some help.

I'm not finding Roxio as user friendly as the version that was loaded on my computer when I bought it in April of this year.

Thanks.... kga

look at editting multi- trim videos post by big al no1

soory but im new to this look in useabillity/how to under editting

Thanks.... kga

Just to clarify, did you try uninstalling all Roxio and Sonic software including the Dell branded versions and then reinstall only EMC 9 ? Also here's a link to a thread discussing the same problem on EMC 8.0 :

http://forums.support.roxio.com/lofiversio...ex.php/t78.html

soory but im new to this look in useabillity/how to under editting

Thank you very much -- That sure makes editing a LOT easier, but it sure didn't get rid of that error message. Any suggestions as to how to overcome that problem? I'd thought I had just edited wrong, but samey, samey. (error encoding)

Thanks. kga

Archived