Can't eject CD after burning

gjkid

Question

5 answers to this question

I am having the same problem, when using DTD, it will not eject. I do not have INCD or DLA on my computer. The only way to eject the disc is to turn off the computer.

I'm also having problems with other features, such as Classic Creator. When I record something using Classic, it won't play on any other computer, and won't record audio. The sound comes out choppy and garbled.

One final problem is that I keep losing contents! Although I've downloaded the whole program, and at first it works fine, then all of a sudden I lose everything from the content cd and get only drafts. I then get an error saying that I need to put the content CD in, but the program won't read it.

:)

I am having the same problem, when using DTD, it will not eject. I do not have INCD or DLA on my computer. The only way to eject the disc is to turn off the computer.

I'm also having problems with other features, such as Classic Creator. When I record something using Classic, it won't play on any other computer, and won't record audio. The sound comes out choppy and garbled.

One final problem is that I keep losing contents! Although I've downloaded the whole program, and at first it works fine, then all of a sudden I lose everything from the content cd and get only drafts. I then get an error saying that I need to put the content CD in, but the program won't read it.

:)

What are you system specs.? What are you burning in Creator Classic that won't show up on another computer. It sounds like you are using the wrong programs for the work that you want to do. Explain exactly what you are trying to do.

For the Drag to Disc issue, read this entire thread.

Usually cured by a firmware update from the drive manufacture.

Try the Eject command in D2D as well as the button.

Also make sure you don't have other packet writers on your PC like, DLA, InCD.

You are aware that packet writing is about the least reliable form of burning ever devised???

I have roxio media creator 9 on both my computers. I have a Dell laptop, Inspiron 6000, 60 GB harddrive, 1 GB RAM, it has a NEC dual layer CD/DVD burner. My other computer, my desktop is an HP Pentium 4, 120 GB hardrive, 1 GB RAM, not sure of the motherboard on either computer (thats a bit over my head).

I have set DTD so it would be left open for other computers, but it freezes on BOTH computers while trying to eject the disc.

As far as Classic Creator, in the older versions of roxio, you could make a CD and retain the CD text by burning with Classic Creator. I can see in the newer versions, you cannot do that. It's important for me to retain song titles so they can be transferred to my MP3 player without getting 'Track 1, Track 2, etc'.

But the freezing issues are on both computers, which tells me it's either the software, or possibly Windows Media Player 11?? (I have realized that Media Player 11 won't burn a CD and freezes also). Could it be a compatibility issue I'm having?

Guest Preet at Roxio
I have roxio media creator 9 on both my computers. I have a Dell laptop, Inspiron 6000, 60 GB harddrive, 1 GB RAM, it has a NEC dual layer CD/DVD burner. My other computer, my desktop is an HP Pentium 4, 120 GB hardrive, 1 GB RAM, not sure of the motherboard on either computer (thats a bit over my head).

I have set DTD so it would be left open for other computers, but it freezes on BOTH computers while trying to eject the disc.

As far as Classic Creator, in the older versions of roxio, you could make a CD and retain the CD text by burning with Classic Creator. I can see in the newer versions, you cannot do that. It's important for me to retain song titles so they can be transferred to my MP3 player without getting 'Track 1, Track 2, etc'.

But the freezing issues are on both computers, which tells me it's either the software, or possibly Windows Media Player 11?? (I have realized that Media Player 11 won't burn a CD and freezes also). Could it be a compatibility issue I'm having?

Try updating the firmware for your burner and then see if it freezes when burning, also try using a different brand of CD-R media.

Archived