• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

SYSTEM32 FOLDER APPEARS ON STARTUP

Sleuth77

Question

The nuisance cropped up after I installed the Pinnacle drivers for Dazzle DVC 90 which came with EMC8 Deluxe Suite. After installing the drivers, I first had a problem with no connection to the APC Power Chute backup battery. Then I had System32 folder appearing everytime I boot up the computer instead of the desktop.

I have uninstalled the Pinnacle drivers which reestablished a connection with the USB backup battery. However, I still the have the System32 folder appearing on bootup.

I have removed Pinnacle from the registry and it didn't seem to help.

Anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Bill

Dell Dimension 8300

3.0 Ghz CPU

Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Sound Blaster Audigy2 Sound Card

XFX GeForce 7600 GS 256 MB

1 GB RAM

2-120 GB Hard Drives

Sony DVD RW DRU-820A Burner

5 answers to this question

The nuisance cropped up after I installed the Pinnacle drivers for Dazzle DVC 90 which came with EMC8 Deluxe Suite. After installing the drivers, I first had a problem with no connection to the APC Power Chute backup battery. Then I had System32 folder appearing everytime I boot up the computer instead of the desktop.

I have uninstalled the Pinnacle drivers which reestablished a connection with the USB backup battery. However, I still the have the System32 folder appearing on bootup.

I have removed Pinnacle from the registry and it didn't seem to help.

Anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Bill

Dell Dimension 8300

3.0 Ghz CPU

Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Sound Blaster Audigy2 Sound Card

XFX GeForce 7600 GS 256 MB

1 GB RAM

2-120 GB Hard Drives

Sony DVD RW DRU-820A Burner

Well, the drivers for the Dazzle were installed when you installed EMC 8 DeLuxe. Is there a reason that you thought you had to go beyond that?

Well, the drivers for the Dazzle were installed when you installed EMC 8 DeLuxe. Is there a reason that you thought you had to go beyond that?

I uninstalled EMC8 because I purchased EMC9. I am now running EMC9 and I don't believe it has the drivers for Dazzle DVC 90.

No, it doesn't, but the disk for EMC 8 does. You can install it by having the install prompt for the Dazzle, look for it on the EMC 8 disk.

I'm trying to staighten out my computer now. I believe the Pinnacle drivers corrupted my registry causing the system32 folder to appear everytime on bootup.

I have looked at the answer provided by Microsoft in kbid=170086 but I can't determine which registry keys to delete.

I'm trying to staighten out my computer now. I believe the Pinnacle drivers corrupted my registry causing the system32 folder to appear everytime on bootup.

I have looked at the answer provided by Microsoft in kbid=170086 but I can't determine which registry keys to delete.

Here is the fix for the problem. It called for editing the registry. I went into HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run and deleted all the value entries other than the default Windows entry. It is now operating as it should.

Archived